Candidates registered for CAT 2016 can now download their Admit Card from the Official Website.
The CAT 2016 results are out! IIM’s officially released the CAT 2016 results on January 9th, 2017
CAT is regarded as one of the toughest entrance examination in the country. Securing high percentile in CAT Exam is considered as a ticket to get admission in one of the prestigious management colleges like Indian Institute of Management, FMS, S P Jain, IMT, IIT etc. CAT is a computer based examination and it tests your knowledge and skills on solving logical reasoning, verbal ability, quantitative ability and data interpretation questions. CAT 2016 will be held in the month of December.
Eligibility norms to comply with for the exam:
Before proceeding for CAT registration, the aspirants should check the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- The candidate has to hold a graduate degree securing 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/ Grade. In case the candidates belonging to the reserved category, then 45% is the bar.
- The candidate who is in their final year of graduation is eligible to take the exam only if they are able to present their marks sheets and certificates before the beginning of the session.
Mark the following dates if you are preparing for CAT 2016:
|Notification release date||July 31st 2016 – Sunday|
|Registration opens||August 8th , 2016 – Monday|
|Registration Closes||September 27th , 2016 – Tuesday|
|Admit Card issue starts||October 18th 2016 – Thursday|
|CAT 2016 EXAM DATE||December- 4th – Sunday|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of January|
Reservation of Seats for CAT 2016
For SC Candidates: 15%
For ST candidates: 7.5%
For OBC: 27%
For the person with disabilities: 3%
Note: The above percentage prescribed is subject to change as per the year by the Indian government.
What is the fee for registration of CAT exam and how can you pay?
- The registration fees for CAT 2016 is Rs.1700 for General Category candidates and Rs. 850 for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- This time, the CAT registration is to be carried out on through online mode.
The official site for the same is iimcat.ac.in
- Registrations have already begun for CAT 2016. One can login to iimcat.ac.in and apply through online mode. Candidates should enter all their details like name, marks obtained in 10th, 12, and bachelor’s degree, work experience if any, preferred city for the venue.
- This time, candidates can select up to four cities as their preferred choice.
- Registration close date for CAT 2016 is 27th September – 5 PM IST.
- Candidates need to be careful while entering their information on the portal as any mistake will cost the candidate to pay again for the registration.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit cards on 18th October till the date of examination.
The Registration process is a time bound process, aspirants should fill up the forms within 30 minutes of opening the registration process.
Courses presented under CAT 2016
- PGPEM : Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management
- PGPBM : Post Graduate Programme in Business Management
- PGP : Post Graduate Programme
- PGP-ABM : Post Graduate Programme in Agri Business Management
- PGP-UAE : PGP at UAE
- PGPWE : PGP for Working Executive
- PGPPM : Post Graduate Progamme in Public Policy and Management
- EPGPM : Executive Post Graduate Programme
- PGPSM :Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
- PGDHRM : Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- PGDM : Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGPEX : Post Graduate Programme for Executives
Examination pattern change comparison with previous year:
- To encourage more students from diverse background and gender, CAT 2015 was in completely new form. The pattern, as discussed earlier, were Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability, have been done so that engineers dont get an upper hand in the examination.
- Descriptive answers was introduced in the year 2015 which are non MCQ based and required to be typed in through on-screen keyboard, by the candidate.
Expert tip: Avoid using calculator to solve quantitative questions.
Aspirants can check the detailed question paper analysis for the 2015 from here.
MBA Admission Process:
CAT 2016 is the first hurdle that the candidate has to pass to secure a seat in IIMs. After obtaining the cutoff marks, the candidates are called in to take the Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Upon shortlisting, candidates might have to go through a background check, working background, academic performance and background and other inputs given by the candidate.
CAT 2016 Exam Pattern
CAT 2016 will be in its new pattern.
Previously, it consisted of 2 sections – Quantitative Aptitude and Verbal and Reading Comprehension. From this year, CAT 2016 will be having 3 sections.
The Duration for CAT exam has been increased from 170 to 180 minutes.
The number of question has also been changed section wise:
Quantitative Aptitude : 34 Questions
Verbal and Reading Comprehension : 34 questions
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning : 32 questions.
The candidate cannot switch between sections while answering.
Note: It hasn’t been disclosed by IIM Bangalore about the new pattern but according to our experts in field, this year too CAT might follow the same pattern.
Candidates can check the detailed Pattern and Syllabus for CAT Exam from the linked article.