Common Admission Test is one of the toughest exams in India and is widely accepted entrance exam for almost all top B-schools of the country. Ideally, you need an approximate time of 10-12 months of preparation to crack CAT within the first attempt. It is important to invest quality time while preparing for one of the toughest entrance exams.
There are two courses of action one can take,
- Firstly, the traditional way of self-learning
- Secondly, receiving professional coaching
If you are planning for self-study for CAT, then you should be well disciplined, procure proper study material and stick to your study plan. Needless to say, you cannot always maintain the tempo because of additional responsibilities and work pressures.
Let us look at the benefits of CAT coaching classes over self-study:
- Help you gain the desired expertise to achieve a high percentile in the exam.
- Ensure you study in an organized and focused manner. Mentors will keep tabs on your progress from time to time and motivate you.
- Professionals, with years of experience in the way the exam is conducted, the types of questions plausible and the best approach to solving them, will make sure your concepts are sound and will give you more than one solution to tricky problems.
- These experts will ascertain your focus stays on preparing from the exam point of view which tends to deviate with self-study. They are well aware of the topics which are more important and provide you with the required problem-solving techniquesto solve different problems.
- Appropriate study material and guidelines on relevant topics, exam pattern and methods of solving numerical and analytical questions
- Doubt clarification is easier especially when you have a teacher present to guide you (rather than struggling on your own)
- Regular mock tests provided by coaching institutes insure you from panic and surprise in the exam setting.
- Candidates’ performance analysis is given by experts to let them know their weaknesses and strengths. Interaction with mentors/experts will help you understand where you are lacking and decide your future course of action.
However, before going to coaching classes, you must keep three things as a top priority on your checklist:
|Quality||Success ratio||Expertise of teachers|
At BYJU’s, we meet the above criteria more than satisfactorily. We have had over 2000 students enter IIMs since 2008! Visit our website and contact our CAT counselors to know more about our e-learning coaching for CAT!