National Entrance cum Eligibility Test is an entrance exam for medical courses like MBBS and BDS in both private and medical government medical colleges. NEET replaced AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test). Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible for conducting NEET-UG.
Important Dates for NEET 2017
Notification regarding NEET-UG 2017 was announced in December 2016. The important dates for NEET are,
|Availability of NEET 2017 Application form||First week of January 2017|
|The last date to submit application form||Last week of January 2017|
|Admit card release date||Last week of April 2017|
|NEET 2017||May 7th, 2017|
|Result Declaration||First week of June 2017|
|NEET Counseling||Mid July 2017|
NEET 2017 – Latest Updates
- • From 2017, only NEET will be the medical entrance exam for admissions into MBBS and BDS courses.
- Note – AIIMS & JIPMER are the exceptions
- • NEET 2017 can be taken/written in 8 languages – English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Assamese, Bengali, Marathi, and Gujarati
- • Aadhaar card has been made a necessary document to apply for NEET 2017.
NEET 2017 – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2017 is,
- • Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- • If the students does not reside in India then should be OCI ( Overseas Citizen of India)
- 2. Age limit
- • The minimum age limit is 17 years as on December 31, of the year of admission or candidates belonging to all the categories.
- • The maximum age limit is 25 years as on December 31, of the year of admission for students belonging to general category.
- • The maximum age limit is 30 years as on December 31, of the year of admission for students belonging to reserved category.
- 3. Class 12 Marks/Qualification
- •Students must have passed class 12 board exam or an equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least five mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and an elective subject.
- 4. Year of Passing
- • Students who are appearing for board exams in the year 2017 are eligible to take NEET 2017.
- • Students who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2016 and appearing for an improvement exam in 2017 are eligible to apply for NEET 2017.
- • Candidates who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2015 and have taken improvement exam in 2016, can mention the year of the exam with a better score.
- 5. Percentage Criteria
- The aggregate score of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology is considered
|Physically Handicapped (GC)||45%|
Seat Reservation for candidates belonging to different categories in NEET 2017
|Category||% of seats reserved|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5|
|OBC – Non creamy Layer||27|
How to Apply for NEET 2017?
Medical aspirants can apply for NEET 2017 only through online process.
- • Go to the official website – http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Welcome.aspx
- • Register by giving the name, mobile number and other details.
- • Fill in the registration form.
- • Upload the scanned copies of the required documents in the prescribed format only.
- • The confirmation page will be displayed, and it has to be sent to below-mentioned address along with the required documents,
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092
Application Fee for NEET 2017
The application fee can be paid either through online process or offline process
- • Online method – Credit card/Debit card/Paytm/Net banking
- • Offline method – Banl Challan
The NEET 2017 application fee amount is
|Category||Fee Amount||Fee Amount (with late fee)|
|GC/OBC||INR 1400||INR 2800 (1400+1400)|
|SC/ST/PwD||INR 750||INR 2150 (750+1400)|
Exam pattern of NEET 2017
NEET-UG 2017 will be conducted on 7th May
|Courses to choose||MBBS/BDS|
|Number of Questions||180 MCQ|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode only|
|Duration||180 minutes (3 hours)|