IBPS or Institute of Banking Personnel Selection recruits candidates every year for the various posts in the banking sector. One of such posts is Probationary Officer(PO). The selection procedure of these banking exams starts with the preliminary examination. Those aspirants who qualify the prelims will be allowed to appear for mains and the candidates who get the desired cut-off for selection in mains will go for the interview.
IBPS PO has a total vacancy of 8822 this year. In 2016 almost 26 thousand candidates were shortlisted for the interview round so we expect much more this year according to the statistical report. This final cut-off for IBPS gives a rough idea of the selection process.
The final selection will be made as per the total combined marks of mains and interview. The official notification announced that the general category candidates should have 40% marks minimum to qualify for the interview round.
The Sectional cutoff for general candidates in the preliminary examination:
|S. No.||Subjects||Max. Marks||General|
|Category||Cut off (Out of 100)|
The Sectional cutoff for general candidates in mains examination:
Candidates who have cleared the desired cut-off for prelims will have to clear the mains to appear for the last stage of the recruitment procedure that is the interview.
|Category||Cut-off(out of 200)|
The combined marks for 2016 PO was in 80:20 ratio which is of written exam and interview respectively. The total of two scores was taken for the final cut-off. It is expected by the statistics that the method for calculating the cutoff for IBPS PO will be the same this year.
Steps to calculate the final cut-off marks for PO 2017:
- The sectional cut-off as well as overall cut-off needs to be calculated.
- The marks for every right answer should be calculated.
- The negative marking for each wrong answer should be deducted.
- The total marks after calculating the right answers and deducting the penalty for the wrong answer is the marks obtained by the candidate.
Factors that decide the cut-off:
- Total number of candidates appearing for the examination.
- The level of questions asked in the examination.
- Total number of vacancies in IBPS PO recruitment.
- Marking process in IBPS PO 2017.
Certain conditions that affects the final selection process of the candidate:
- Chances are very good if the candidate performs well in both the interview and the written exam.
- Chances are moderate if the candidate does fairly in the written exam but the interview goes well.
- Chances are less if the candidate has performed fairly in the interview but well in the written exam.
The final provisional allotment is made mainly on the basis of how the interview goes for a candidate. Interview tips can be noted down so that the candidate can perform well during the interview process.
- The cut-off marks of IBPS PO 2017 is considered as the only criterion for a candidate to get selected.
- The weightage of mains examination and interview is of 80:20 ratio respectively.
- The candidate should obtain the desired cut-off marks or more for getting selected.
- The provisional allotment will be prepared on their merit list.
- The cut-off marks for general category in the interview round is 40%.
The general category candidates need to work really hard with strong determination and efforts in order to clear the overall as well as the sectional cut-off. The expected final cut-off will almost be same as it was in IBPS PO 2016.
For detailed Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam, Visit Byju’s