It is the second section of the question paper for IBPS Clerk Main Exam. It comprises of 40 questions that contain 40 marks. The Selection Committee needs the candidates to have basic knowledge about the English Language.
English Language: We are all aware that English is the most commonly used language and officially most of the work in India is done in English.
The topics that contain in the English Language section are:
- Reading Comprehension: This section mainly comprises of passages followed by questions. The questions that are there, are related to the content of the passage and also some of the specific words which are present in the passage.
- Cloze test: It is a kind of test in English language section where the candidate has to fill the blanks with correct words and complete a passage.
- Fill in the blanks: This is a part that we all have been doing since childhood. Sentences are given with an omitted word and those spaces are needed to be filled by the candidate.
- Error Spotting: In the error spotting section the sentences are given in which there are errors present in them. We need to identify in which part of the sentence there is an error.
- Sentence Correction: This is a part of the English Language section in which sentences are given in which there is a mistake. The idea is to correct the mistakes.
- Para-Jumbles: In Para-jumbles part there is a paragraph given in an unordered manner. The rearrangement is used to be done in order to solve these questions.
- Synonyms/Antonyms: Synonyms stand for the words that mean the similar and antonyms stands for the words having the opposite in meaning. This is that part of the English language section in which the vocabulary of the candidate is checked.
This was all about the detailed syllabus of IBPS Clerk Mains English Language section. For more information regarding IBPS Clerk, visit Byju’s.