When we talk about bank exams in India, we need to meet a certain level of eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria would include the educational qualification, age limit, nationality, enrollment fee etc. for different posts in Banks like Probationary Officer (PO), Clerk, Specialist Officer (SO), RRB there are different eligibility criteria that the aspirants need to fit in. If the candidate does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she is not fit to sit for the bank exams. Any person even thinking to sit for bank exams should know the eligibility criteria beforehand so that they can confirm filling the application form followed by the registration process.
IBPS keeps on reviewing and adding required changes in the eligibility criteria, here we’ve jotted down all the requirements that you should be fulfilling for IBPS PO as per the 2016-17 norms.
IBPS PO Eligibility related to Citizenship/Nationality
All the candidates aspiring for any of the bank exams must definitely fit into the nationality eligibility criteria. These criteria are set by the Government of India and no relaxation for any candidate would be considered here.
The candidate must be either of the following:
- Indian citizen
- Nepal subject
- Bhutan subject
- Tibetan refugees who came to India prior to 1 January 1962 with the intent to settle permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin but who has shifted from Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Pakistan, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, Vietnam and Zaire; with the intentions of abidingly settling in India.
If the person is not an “Indian Citizen” and belongs to any of the other categories, they must provide a certificate in the favor of their eligibility issued by the Government of India.
Age criteria for IBPS PO
The candidate should be between 20-30 years as on 1 July, 2017.
|S.No||Category||Age relaxation (in years)|
|2||OBC (non-creamy layer)||3|
|3||PWD (persons with disabilities)||10|
|4||Commissioned Officers including ECO/SSCOs who contributed at least 5 years in military services
|5||Aspirants ordinarily domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 01.01.80-31.12.89||5|
|6||People affected by 1984 riots||5|
Educational qualification for IBPS PO:
- Candidate must be a graduate from any recognized institution or university recognized by Central Government. The candidate must have scored at least 50% in their graduation.
- Participants are supposed to fill in their marks obtained in the IBPS PO online form
- Basics in computer knowledge, as all baking processes are done online and should have proficiency in local language.
- Aspirants in the final year of their degree or waiting for their results are not eligible to sit for exams.
Please Note: The percentage shall be calculated by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the semesters/years by the sum total of maximum marks in all subjects regardless of optional/ honors/ additional optional subject.
In all the cases, fractions of percentage are ignored, i.e. 59.99% would be considered as 60% and 55.49% would be considered as 55%.
To Know more about IBPS PO Prelims and Main Exam Syllabus, Visit Byju’s