All the aspirants who have cleared the first two stages of IBPS PO Exam which is Prelims and the Mains Exam will get called for the final stage that is IBPS PO Interview. The last stage of the recruitment process of Probationary Officer is conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel selection.
The Interview stage tests the aspirant’s confidence and various professional skills. The interview board tries to reduce the number of candidates in the overall screening process so that only the best of the lot can make it through. The aspirants should report on the right time at the correct venue and should carry all the required documents.
The Interview Panel consists of finest intellectuals from the banking sector who are knowledgeable and well-exposed professionals. Skilled professionals from the field of psychology may also be part of the interview panel to observe the aspirant’s and determine his/her personality.
The candidate must know what the interviewer expects from them and so some important points are summarized here.
- First, the interviewers check the ethics of the candidates by whether he seeks permission and greets before entering. The interviewers also check how the candidates present themselves and how well mannered, well dressed, polite and graceful they are in their conduct.
- Then the interviewers check the candidate’s communication skill by checking their fluency and confidence while they converse.
- If a candidate is unable to answer a question, they should be honest and politely reveal that they do not know the answer to the question. The interviewer checks the candidate’s honesty and personality.
- The interviewer checks the aspirant’s arrogance. Candidates should be decent when they are appreciated for their achievements by the interviewers.
- Interviewers test whether the aspirant is desperate for the job so during the interview the candidates must keep it simple and calm should not show any nervousness.
- The candidates must prepare themselves well about the banking sector and their job profile. The interviewers test whether the candidate has a clear idea about the job that they are applying for.
- The interviewers test whether the candidate knows well about their academic and professional profile, so candidates must prepare themselves well enough before appearing the interview.
- Candidates should have a good preparation on Current Affairs of the last 6 months and important aspects about Indian Economy, the banking sector in India and World Economy. The interviewer checks how strong the candidate is in these sections.
Do’s and Don’ts during an IBPS PO Interview:
- Be punctual and neatly dressed
- Be graceful and confident
- Be polite and show proper mannerism
- Remain modest about achievements and keep it simple
- Don’t be late for the interview
- Don’t show arrogance or be rude
- Don’t wear clothes which are not presentable
- Don’t lie about the things which you don’t know
- Don’t be proud of accolades
With the help of these tips mentioned along with the Do’s and Dont’s for the interview procedure, the aspiring candidate will have an idea on how to satisfy the interview board for the IBPS PO recruitment process.
To know more about IBPS PO Interview, Visit Byju’s.