Bank exams are conducted all over the country to recruit the aspiring candidates to fulfill their vacancies. This is the best time for you to prepare in accordance with the pattern and the syllabus. For those who want to make banking as their career option, you need to work hard to get through these competitive exams held by the concerned authorities. The candidates should start preparing right after filling the application as the bank exams are getting tougher day by day due to the change in the pattern.
There are candidates who prefer coaching institutes over self study. But in order to have the necessary cut off to qualify, one must devote ample amount of time to self-study. The coaching institutes are in every corner of the of the city. But it is believed that for effective preparation, self-study is required. As the competitors are increasing, the candidates need to focus on home study more instead of moving here and there.
- You get to learn you own shortcut techniques which are not possible in a coaching institute for each and every chapter. For example, solving quantitative questions by using algebraic equations can be done only if you keep practicing at home.
- Sometimes, the teaching style or the mentor is not upto your level. So, in self-study you can study focussing on your weaker sections more.
- The mock test or the practice paper will be of your own easy to a difficult standard whereas in coachings they set a common standard of mock where you do not get to judge your own potential.
The areas where you need to focus on through self-study:
- English language: Vocabulary, grammar, English usage and reading comprehension is a must.
- Numerical Ability: Arithmetic and data interpretation are one of the most important aspects. Besides, the questions on simplification and numerical series need to be practiced taking different mock tests on a regular basis along with mensuration topics.
- Reasoning ability: Syllogisms, puzzle test, mathematical inequalities, seating arrangement, blood relations, input-output and coding-decoding are the key topics and different variations must be practiced.
- Computer knowledge: keyboard shortcuts, software packages, cyber security, networking fundamentals, internet knowledge and computer hardware needs more detailed study.
- General awareness: the current affairs along with the banking awareness questions on media and book needs to be learned here. You should be quite aware of the general topics and the news.
The Self study needs a proper structure or format as how to study in an effective way through the proper division of time. Here are some tips:
- Go through and understand the exam pattern and syllabus:
The immediate step after filling the application form is to know the syllabus and pattern of the banking examination. This helps to get a clear idea as to what needs to be covered periodically and assessed accordingly.
- Make a division of your study in accordance with your exam pattern and syllabus:
Firstly you need to make a time-table for regular studies. The weaker sections need to be focussed on more so that they can prepare better in that paper. The other papers also need practicing as they need to obtain the cut-off marks in each paper to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Time management is an important key factor:
Preparation with a stopwatch is the best way one can assess their performance based on time. You should practice enough number of questions and give mock tests in a periodic manner. This can give the evaluation and give confidence when appearing for the examination.
- The shortcut method and tricks should be well acquainted:
The various tricks in certain papers like quantitative aptitude and reasoning can take down the time taken to solve. This enables the candidates to solve the questions in a limited time duration. These tricks can be acquired through enough practice at home.
Preparing at home is challenging at times but by undergoing certain suggestions one can prepare themselves well through self-study.
Stay tuned to Byju’s for more information. The other details of the bank exams are also given like syllabus, pattern and the notifications. Aspirants can also get the previous year bank exam question papers along with important preparation tips,