This section and computer awareness contain 60 questions in SBI Clerk Mains and the candidates are tested from around 30- 35 questions from many topics that are covered in reasoning ability some of the topic under this section test the candidate skill for accuracy, speed and calculation through different types of logical reasoning problems.
The questions in this section are designed in such a way that any misunderstanding of the situation given in the question can become very time- consuming in SBI Clerk Mains Exam as the questions are based on directions, number, classifications etc.
The table below shows the topics and their questions weightage
|Mains Topics Of Reasoning Ability||Expected No. of Questions|
|Coding and decoding||3-5|
|Ranking or ordering||1-2|
|Input and output||2-3|
|Statement and arguments||3-5|
|Passage and conclusion||5-10|
When the candidate is appearing for the SBI Clerk Mains Exam the primary focus for Reasoning Section should be on accuracy and so the candidate should start this section by solving easy topics of this section such as:
- Series completion
- Direction sense test
- Family members
- Patterns and arrangements
The type of question asked in Reasoning Ability of SBI Clerk Mains Exam require a careful reading and noting the details as they are mentioned because any missed content of the question will create an issue in solving it. Some of the examples are given to give the candidate a glimpse of the type and difficulty level of Reasoning Ability Questions in the SBI Clerk Mains Exam.
While preparing and attempting the paper of SBI Clerk Mains 2017 the candidate is advised to:
- To strengthen the Base of the Reasoning Skills.
- As mentioned earlier the candidate should waste much time on a topic
- The SBI Clerk Mains Scores are equally dependent on accuracy and speed.
- For Solving Reasoning Ability Questions the candidate should have the shortcuts and formulas trick learned by heart.
- Practicing with mock tests is key the for mastering SBI Clerk Mains
Some examples of reasoning ability
- Step I of an info is: workmanship 24 days 83 71 54 star control
Which of the accompanying strides will be the last?
1) V 2) IV 3) VI 4) III 5) None of these
Step I: workmanship 24 days 83 71 54 star control
Step II: workmanship 24 days 54 83 71 star control
Step III: workmanship 24 days 54 control 83 71 star
Step IV: workmanship 24 days 54 control 71 83 star
Step V: workmanship 24 days 54 control 71 star 83
2. While pointing towards a girl Ravi said that “she is the elder daughter of the father of my sister’s brother”. Then what is the relation of raj and this lady?
- Insufficient data
- None of the above