Detailed terms and conditions:
- All individuals are requested to look at the Terms and Conditions before participation.
- Any Student, having a legal guardian above the age of 21, are eligible to participate in this initiative, subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, which will be presumed to have been accepted by him/her and the legal guardian.
- This initiative is a joint initiative by Bournvita (part of Mondelez India Foods Private Limited) and BYJU’S – The Learning App (part of Think & Learn Private Limited).
- Courses on BYJU’S which are part of this initiative are Class 6 to Class 12 Maths and Science and Class 4 and Class 5 Maths. BYJU’S products are offered for CBSE, ICSE and State boards of some states, details of which can be found on https://byjus.com.
- Usage of the relevant code will unlock the requested course on BYJU’S – The Learning App provided the course falls under the subjects specified above.
- Every code can be used only once per customer.
- BYJU’s unique codes are valid from 1st Feb 2018 to 30th June 2018 on the BYJU’S – The Learning App downloaded on the mobile.
- Video lectures are accessible only through BYJU’S – The Learning App and BYJU’S Maths App – Class 4 & 5 downloaded on the mobile.
- BYJU’s – The learning App and BYJU’S Maths App – Class 4 & 5 are available only on Android and IOS platforms.
- Duration and content of lectures on videos/audio may vary.
- BYJU’S and Bournvita shall not be responsible for the loss of the BYJU’s unique code or for any issues pertaining to BYJU’s video/audio content.
- The BYJU’s unique code cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Disputes if any will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts in Mumbai only.
- For any queries, contact our customer support number 9289000555 (functional between 9:00 am to 6:00 pm between Monday – Friday).
- In the event your platform does not support redemption of coupon codes (eg. Non Android or non windows platforms) such users will necessarily have to redeem the offer on the URL specified by BYJU’s which is http://students.byjus.com/bournvita-scholar.
BOURNVITA SCHOLAR CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This contest (“Contest”) is made available to you by BYJU’s (“BYJU’s”). Please read these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) before participating in this Contest.
You agree that, by participating in this Contest, you will be bound by these T&Cs and you acknowledge that you satisfy all Contest eligibility requirements as provided herein below.
These T&Cs are in addition to BYJU’s Conditions of Use and the Privacy Notice to which you agree by using BYJU’s website or mobile application or mobile site thereof (collectively hereinafter referred to as “BYJU’s”). To the extent the BYJU’s Conditions of Use are inconsistent with these T&Cs, these T&Cs will prevail with respect to the Contest only.
For the purposes of these T&Cs, wherever the context so requires “You” or “Your” shall mean any natural person who is a participant in the Contest and “We” or “Our” shall mean BYJU’s.
You need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to participate in the Contest:
- You should be an individual legal resident of the Republic of India;
- You should have set India as your current country in your account settings on BYJU;
DETAILS OF THE CONTEST AND HOW TO ENTER:
- This Contest is applicable for users who have registered on the BYJUs – The Learning App using a Bournvita promo code between February 01, 2018 and March 31, 2018 (“Contest Period”).
- In order to be eligible for the Contest, during the Contest Period, you must:
- purchase at least one promotional Bournvita 500g jar/pouch (“Product”) during the Contest Period;
- You must redeem the coupon code that you find on the inner sleeve of the jar/ inside the pouch and access the BYJU’s application. Redemption of the coupon code must be in accordance with the Terms and Conditions as mentioned on the BYJU’s application;
- Contest will be held in April, details of which will be provided to all participants over an email.
- Details of the contest:
- Contest would be an online aptitude test
- Scores garnered during the aptitude test would be the only criteria for selection
- Each winner would be eligible for only one tablet as a prize irrespective of number of children eligible for the contest.
- In case of a tie breakers, scores within some starred questions would be considered as evaluation criteria.
- Employees of Mondelez India Foods Private Limited, its affiliates, BYJU’s and their family members are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- Courses provided would be from Class 6 to Class 12 – Maths and Science and Class 4 and Class 5 Maths.
- Top 200 participants who has/ve bought the Product, redeemed the code and are declared as a winner after completing the online aptitude test on the BYJU’s application and followed all other instructions will be eligible for the Contest prize.
- Each declared winner(s) will be eligible to win tablet pre-loaded with BYJU’s applications and courses materials worth Rs.20,000/- (Rupees Twelve Thousand Only) which is equal to a year’s subscription. Each potential winner will be eligible to receive only one Prize under this Contest.
- The winner(s) may be subject to additional terms and conditions in relation to claiming the Prize at the BYJU’s sole discretion and as may be communicated by the BYJU’s.
By entering the Contest, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other materials from BYJU’s. You may update or change your email preferences at the email preferences page.
The winner(s) for the Contest will be selected at the end of the Contest Period by BYJU’s based on the score achieved. BYJU’s will notify the selected participants and the winners they will be required to share a valid proof of identity and age in the form of a copy of PAN Card / Driving License / Voter ID / Indian passport within the prescribed time period. A PAN card copy is mandatory for prizes worth INR 10,000 or more. Child’s birth certificate or school leaving certificate towards the proof of full name and age below 21 years is mandatory. The selected participants will automatically forfeit their claim to the Prize if they do not meet the eligibility criteria or do not comply with these T&Cs. If any selected participant does not respond back to any communications sent in relation to the Contest within the time period communicated, he/ she shall not be eligible to be declared winner of the Prize. The selected participant will also be required to prove his/ her age, failing which he/she will be disqualified from the Contest.
Each Prize will be awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part. However, in circumstances beyond control, BYJU may substitute a similar alternative prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion.
We may, at our sole discretion, change the T&Cs or cancel the Contest at any time; or modify, terminate, or suspend the Contest should viruses, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond its control that corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest or submission of entries.
We are not responsible for: (a) lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by you or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries; (b) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; (c) any error in the operation or transmission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or for technical, network, telephone, computer, hardware or software, malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive any entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; or (d) injury or damage to your or any other computer or mobile resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Contest.
BYJU’s may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual found to be: (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) acting in violation of these T&Cs; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
If your entry is incomplete or if you use robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods, your entry will be void. The authorized subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these T&Cs in the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same e-mail account. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domains associated with the submitted e-mail addresses. No benefits greater than those described in the “Description of the Contest and How to Enter” section above in these T&Cs will be awarded.
The Contest is governed by the laws of the Republic of India. The Contest and all accompanying materials are © 2017 by BYJU’s or the Brand as the case may be. All rights reserved. No requests for transfer or assignment or redemption of the benefits shall be entertained. You agree that all decisions related to the Contest by BYJU’s are final and binding on you. Failure by BYJU’s to enforce any of these T&Cs in any instance shall not be deemed to be a waiver of the T&Cs and shall not give rise to any claim by any person. These T&Cs are subject to Indian laws and the courts at Mumbai shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any disputes or any matter arising here from.
This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances including without limitation, floods, natural disasters, war, act of terror, political unrests, technical snags, act of God or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of BYJU’s (“Force Majeure Event”). BYJU’s shall be not liable for any delay or adverse effect caused to the participants in the Contest including the winners as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
By participating in the Contest, you give BYJU’s and/ or its / their affiliates permission to use your name, likeness, image, voice, and/or appearance as such may be embodied in any pictures, photos, video recordings, audiotapes, digital images, and the like, taken or made in relation to the Contest and any promotions, events, or contests to follow. You agree that BYJU and/ or its affiliates have the right to publish your saved item details for any communication, promotions, events, or contests that follow. You agree that BYJU’s and/ or its affiliates have complete ownership of such pictures, etc., including the entire copyright, and may use them for any purpose. These uses include, but are not limited to illustrations, bulletins, exhibitions, videotapes, reprints, reproductions, publications, advertisements, and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed, including the internet. You acknowledge that you will not receive any compensation, etc. for the use of such pictures, etc., and hereby release BYJU’s and/ or its affiliates and its agents and assigns from any and all claims which arise out of or are in any way connected with such use. You give your consent to BYJU’s and/or its affiliates, agents and assigns to use your name and likeness to promote the Contest and any promotions, events, or contests to follow.
This Contest is being made purely on a “best effort” basis and participating in this Contest is voluntary. By participating in the Contest, you will be legally bound hereby, to release from liability, and hold harmless BYJU’s / the Brand and any of its / their affiliates, employees or agents representing or related to BYJU’s / the Brand and its / their services/products for any matters in relation to the this Contest, including the Prizes. This release is for any and all liability for personal injuries (including death), property loss or damage, and misuse of the benefits/ Prizes offered under this Contest, in connection with any activity or directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, or participation in the Contest, even if caused or contributed to by our negligence. By participating in this Contest, you agree to bear all the personal taxation that might arise out of the winnings from this Contest and shall not hold BYJU’s / the Brand and/ or its affiliates responsible for payment of the same and/ or any dispute arising in relation thereof.
Once confirmed, names of the winner’s will be posted on byjus.com/bournvita-scholar on or before 15 days after the end of contest.
THINK AND LEARN PRIVATE LIMITED is a Sponsor for the Contest prizes.
Brand BOURNVITA: Mondelez Foods India Private Limited is the owner of the brand BOURNVITA and has permitted BYJU’s to use its brand in association with this contest. The Contest is however the complete responsibility of BYJU’s and you will in no manner hold Mondelez responsible for the Contest or any aspect thereof.
All information submitted in connection with this Contest will be treated in accordance with these T&Cs and the Privacy Notice available at BYJU’s.