Objective – The main aim of project is to know about the physics coming under the construction of bridges. By this experiment, a student should be able to develop a clear understanding of which shapes are considered to be structurally strong, and the factors behind the building of bridges.
- Popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Items with equal weight such as cans of soup, small weights can be used to test strength of bridge
- Camera (optional)
- Make use of Popsicle sticks, Toothpicks, Spaghetti, in order to construct the bridge. Draw a rough design in your notebook.
- The three bridges you draw should have the same distance. Also choose the distance as to how long the bridge would be and make use of 2 chairs to set the distance.
- Make use of your creativity and draw three bridges of same design and span between the two chairs.
- Make a note of all the challenges you come across and as much material is used in the notebook.
- Next try to start adding weight to each of the bridges and record the withstanding strength of each of the bridge.
Compare with the original designs and find out the forces and tension acting on the bridge and based on these aspects the bridge would be constructed.
For more information on CBSE exams, syllabus and notifications, stay tuned with BYJU’S. At BYJU’S, CBSE students are also provided with the latest sample papers, question papers, worksheets and other exam materials to help them learn in a better way.