Objective- The main objective of this experiment is to learn how to prepare a periscope and can be used in the peak or pool and around the corner.
- 2 mirrors of circular in shape
- 2 PVC pipes of 12″ sections, having a diameter slightly a bit larger than that of the other so that they can easily slide up & down when clubbed together
- 2 elbow joints- PVC: one is to fit smaller pipe and the other to fit larger one
- Make use of putty in order to stick back of mirrors to the inner surface of PVC pipes at an angle of 45°. Why do you think this angle is the best? What can happen suppose this angle was a bit larger or even smaller?
- Attach these inner surfaces to pipe with the same size.
- Slide larger pipe coming over the smaller one
- Decorate it! Yes, paint the patterns helping you in staying hidden.
- Look out the elbow eye-piece placed on the on the smaller portion of the pipe and then explore it! You can even slide onto the larger side of the pipe in an up & down position in order to extend the length of the periscope.
Result- Then there is your Periscope.