It’s well understood that, as per the spaced learning method in psychology, one is more likely to retain something if one learns it in periodic intervals of time. Since practice tests stimulate revision and studying, they encourage earlier learning and so spaced learning, which is likely to improve retention. CAT mock tests are taken as practice tests before the official CAT examination. It imitates the actual CAT Exam experience to make students more exam ready. The accuracy and performance in the exams can be impacted by some candidates’ fear or anxiety during the exam process. Mock tests can reduce test anxiety.
The standard CAT mock tests are based on the exam questions of previous IIM entrance exam question papers, and the projected scores generated are based on previous result statistics.
Each and every CAT mock exam plays a significant role in deciding the next stage of your plan in preparation, depending on the performance. Take, for example, these particular situations:
- If a question is left unanswered, the next stage would be reviewing the relevant concept and learning how to apply it.
- If the answer is incorrect, despite using the right technique, the next stage would be analysing the solution description & fixing the error.
Watch the Below Video for the CAT Mock Attempt of DILR:
But do CAT mocks truly assist you? Let us look at the major advantages of why you should take them frequently:
Advantages of CAT Mock Test:
- Monitors your test performance
- Improves speed & accuracy
- Devises a suitable strategy to attempt the exam
- Adapts to the new CAT Pattern quickly and effectively
- Overcomes anxiety by exercising mock tests multiple times before the actual CAT.
- Analyses your strong and weak areas in order to better your performance.
- Generates data for self-analysis and in comparison to others
Given the numerous advantages this practice holds, it is of utmost importance to take as many mock tests for CAT as possible. There are many free CAT mock tests available both on our App and on our student portal for you! Let’s see how you should approach a CAT mock test.