CAT 2015 is scheduled to be conducted on the 29th of November. The first step every candidate is required to do is fill the CAT Application Form. The registration dates have been extended from the 20th of September to the 25th of September. Registrations can be done on the CAT official website www.iimcat.ac.in.
Prerequisites for filling the CAT form (Must Haves)
- Eligibility Criteria
1. Must hold a Bachelors degree in any discipline with 50% graduation marks (for general/ non reserved category) or 45% graduation marks (for SC/ST/DA category)
2. Possess equivalent qualification as recognized by the ministry of HRD, including AMICE.
3. You are appearing in your final year of graduation
- What all do you need to fill your CAT form?
1. Valid and unique email id plus phone number which should be used throughout the entire registration process.
2. Educational history such as 10th, 12th marks as well as graduation marks.
3. List of IIMs you want to apply to.
4. A clear scanned recent colored passport size photograph (35mm X 45mm).
5. A clear scanned image of candidate’s signature (80mm X 35mm).
6. Download NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate, fill and get it signed by appropriate authorities, self-attest it and scan as PDF document.
7. Download PWD/DA Certificate, fill and get it signed by appropriate authorities, self-attest it and scan as PDF document.
- CAT 2015 Application FeeThe registration fee of CAT Exam is non refundable. Irrespective of the number of institutes one is applying for, they will be filling the fee only once. The fee can be paid using multiple options available via online payment gateways only. No offline more of fee payment is available.
The CAT application fee is as follow –
For General & NC-OBC category – Rs. 1600/-
For SC/ST/PWD/DA categories – Rs. 800/-
Aspirants belonging to SC, ST and PWD (DA) categories will also be required to upload a copy of their SC/ST/PWD (DA) certificates at the time of IIM CAT Online Registration.
- Changes in procedure 2015
- Candidates are allowed to choose the test city but not the time slot. 4 cities can be marked according to their preference by the candidate. They will be assigned any one of the two time slots by the exam conducting authority.
Guiding steps for filling CAT 2015 application form online:
The application form should be filled vigilantly as no changes can be made to the form once submitted and in case of detection of any kind of discrepancy in the data provided at the selection stage will lead to nullification of candidature.
The candidates can follow the under listed steps for filling the online CAT 2015 Application Form:
1. Create a profile.
Upon doing so, your user id will be sent by email and the password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
2. Login as existing user with the generated user id and password
3. Enter the details and make the online payment for the fees after which you can submit your application.
To get a step wise detailed guide to filling up your form you can go through step by step guide to fill CAT form.
To Learn More About CAT Exam Preparation, Watch out For Byjus Videos !