An important aspect of the GMAT preparation will be the books which you use to study for every topic in the exam. With the improvement in technology you have a vast amount of study materials available to you and not all of them are of good calibre. It is therefore necessary to spend adequate time to analyze your options before you finalize on which books to use for your GMAT preparation.
|Click here to know more about GMAT Exam 2019.|
Once you have targeted GMAT Exam, all you have to do is list down the most important GMAT books and create a study plan to crack GMAT in one go. Getting the right set of GMAT books is an uphill task. The GMAT hopefuls search online as well as offline book markets to get their hands on genuine GMAT books. In this write-up, we have enlisted a few books to help you in your search.
Undeniably, the GMAT Official Guide acts like a ‘Bible’ for GMAT test aspirants. The Guide is authored and published by the makers of GMAT. The guide contains all the relevant insights about the GMAT test. It makes the aspirants familiar with GMAT questions pattern and suggests tricky ways to solve problems. Since it is from the creators of the exam itself you are likely to find questions in this book which may have appeared in the actual exams in previous years. The pattern of the questions will be similar to the questions which will appear in the exam as well. This will help you to get familiar with the same so that you are able to score well in the exam. Another benefit which you will have is if there are any recent updates or changes with the GMAT exam then you can rest assured that the Official guide (which is released every year) will be the updated version with all the changes which have been implemented. The Official Guide, in addition to providing sufficient study materials for both your Quant and Verbal sections, will also have sample mock exams or practice tests which you can attempt.
GMAT Official Guide 2019-2020 offers over 900+ questions from past GMAT tests. If you seek GMAT questions into specific topics, GMAC offers two more books, The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review and The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, each with an additional 300 official GMAT practice questions. As already mentioned you will be accustomed to the testing patterns which the GMAT exam follows and hence better prepared when you practice with the questions from the Official Guide.
Apart from this, we’re suggesting some more books for each topic in the exam which are essential to use before you appear for the GMAT test.
|Click here to know about the GMAT Score.|
Books for GMAT Quantitative:
- The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2019-2020
- Total GMAT Math: Volume 1
- GMAT Advanced Quant: 250+ Practice Problems & Bonus Online Resources (Good for Advance Math)
- GMAT Algebra Strategy Guide (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides) (Covers all topics of algebra)
- GMAT Geometry (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides) (For Geometry preparation)
Books for GMAT Verbal and Grammar:
- 30 Days to More Powerful Vocabulary
- GMAT Sentence Correction (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)
- The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review 2019-2020 with Online Question Bank and Exclusive Video (Good book, Covers all the topics that are to be used to preps for GMAT)
- Barron’s Guide to GMAT
- Kaplan GMAT preparation Guide
Books for Essay writing for GMAT:
- MBA Admissions Strategy: From Profile Building to Essay Writing (Magical Book on essay writing)
- Graduate Admissions Essays: Write Your Way into the Graduate School of Your Choice
- GRE Analytical Writing: Solutions to the Real Essay Topics (Test Prep Series) (One more effective book)
- GRE CAT-Answers to Real Essay Questions by Acro
Books for Reasoning:
- GMAT Critical Reasoning (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning (FULLY SOLVED)
It is advisable not to waste your precious preparation time while reading or studying from random GMAT preparation books or websites. Practicing questions from poor quality resources will not help you to prepare for the GMAT exam. Since this may hamper your preparation efforts and you will not be able to study well for the exam. Ensure to make the appropriate choices and be cautious before you finalize on the books you are going to utilize for your preparation of the GMAT exam.
We’ll be glad to help you in your GMAT preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GMAT and MBA from us by just giving a missed call at 08884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at email@example.com.