When career is not going right for a professional, the first thing which strikes his/her mind is “Let’s go for an MBA!” And GMAT is the key which unlocks doors to most of the International business schools.
GMAT is a test designed for working professionals. Most often, MBA after GMAT leads them to that position of which they always dreamt about. It promises a high esteemed designation, higher remuneration, huge respect and lot of other perks and avenues.
If you’re aiming for GMAT and also belong to working fraternity, here are five tips which can give an edge to your GMAT preparation:
Take a Mock Test Before Accepting GMAT Prep
Since it has been a long time since you were involved with studies; it is reasonable that you might have forgotten high-school level stuff. It is advisable to take a free GMAT mock test provided by the GMAT preparation providers at the initial stages of preparation. It will be beneficial for you because it will indicate your weak and strong nerves and accordingly you can pursue a study schedule.
Familiarize Yourself with the Test Format
GMAT mock test envisages not only score and where you stand, but it gives a decent idea about the GMAT exam pattern. It makes you familiar with the type of questions and its timing schedule. Take help of the GMAT Official Guide, as they contain all the methods of solving the experimental and conceptual questions. It will exercise your brain to ride upon those and solve them. Other than solved questions, it contains practice sets. Before applying for GMAT read all the information related to how to apply for GMAT, what is the admission cycle of your shortlisted B-schools like and many other frequently asked questions.
Read Authentic GMAT Books and Study Materials
GMAT Official Guide is a boon to all, but we’re suggesting few more books which can give an intense boost to your performance.
Books for GMAT Quantitative
- The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2017.
- GMAT Algebra Strategy Guide (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides) (Covers all topics of Algebra).
- GMAT Geometry (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides) (For Geometry preparation).
- Total GMAT Math: Volume 1.
- GMAT Advanced Quant: 250+ Practice Problems & Bonus Online Resources (Good for Advance Math).
Books for Essay Writing for GMAT
- Graduate Admissions Essays: Write Your Way into the Graduate School of Your Choice.
- MBA Admissions Strategy: From Profile Building to Essay Writing (Magical Book on essay writing).
- GRE CAT-Answers to Real Essay Questions by Acro.
- GRE Analytical Writing: Solutions to the Real Essay Topics (Test Prep Series) (One more effective book).
Books for Reasoning
- GMAT Critical Reasoning (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides).
- Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning (FULLY SOLVED).
Books for GMAT Verbal and Grammar
- 30 Days to More Powerful Vocabulary.
- The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review 2017 with Online Question Bank and Exclusive Video (Good book, Covers all the topics that are to be used to preps for GMAT).
App Based GMAT Prep
It will be a bit tedious for working professionals to attend class room coaching after prolonged 8-9 hours of the office day. For them, many test providers are providing GMAT study material in the form of recorded video for online/ App based studies. The major players in this segment are Byju’s Classes which provide GMAT study materials in recorded video form entirely. It is highly effective in helping you learn and retain skills on the move.
The most important thing is never missing a chance to rejoice. Smile impedes your stress level and happiness evokes your concentration and helps in remembering the points. Go out with friends, take small gaps in between study hours. Foremost, get proper 7-8 hours of sleep every day.
Share your strategies for taking GMAT by posting your comments below.We’ll be glad to help you in your GMAT preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GMAT and MBA from us by just giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.