Cracked GMAT and now ready to enroll in MBA courses? But before you make any decisions, don’t you think you should stop for a while and look into various financial aids that are provided to the MBA students? Getting an MBA degree and that too abroad can make a big hole in your pocket if you seek the help of loans from banks and various financial institutions. In that case, what should we do? There are many scholarships offered by majority universities so that the students can study freely without carrying the burden of debt on their shoulder.
To your utmost surprise, the top 25 MBA universities in the US offer a total of $220 million scholarship every year. Whereas, Harvard Business School, alone, offers $31.5 million scholarship annually. There are so many scholarships that you can apply for and for which you are eligible, but you are not applying just because you don’t know about them.
First of all, let’s get a quick idea of various types of scholarships that are being offered:
- Minority-based: Minority-based scholarships are for the specific group, only. If you are women or a student from a developing country, then you can apply for this. There are some specific countries as well for which this scholarship is being offered. For example; for French or Canadian students, a different kind of scholarship is provided.
- Exceptional Academics: If you have always been the extraordinary student of your class, maintained excellent grades or been best in academics, then congratulations, you are eligible for this scholarship.
- Merit-based: Some universities offer scholarships based on merits as well, such as Academics, professional experience or leadership, it could be anything, just remember if you want this scholarship, be the best of all.
- Based on need: If you can present the evidence of the financial requirement for the assessment, then this scholarship may be granted to you.
- University funding: There are some universities where you automatically get selected for scholarship; you don’t need to apply separately.
- Company sponsored: Many companies offer scholarships to the students under some terms and conditions.
Let’s take a quick look at various scholarships that are offered:
- FEMC Richard Metzler Scholarship
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Minorities in Government Finance Scholarship
- Hubshout Internet Marketing Scholarship
- National Academy of Human Resources Graduate Scholarship
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship
- Financial Women’s Association Scholarships
- Forte Fellows Program
- The Committee of 200
- NBMBAA Graduate Scholarship Program
- Haas Achievement Award
- NSHMBA Partnership Programs
- Walmart Associate Scholarship Program
- LawnStarter Lawntrepreneur Scholarship
- Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship
- Marketing Student Scholarship and Mutual of Omaha Sales
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program
These are just a few scholarships that are listed here. More than thousands of fields’ scholarships are handed out every year to more than ten thousand students. You can also be the lucky student to get your whole course funded. But for that, you will need to do a thorough search.
We’ll be glad to help you in your GMAT preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GMAT and MBA from us by just giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at email@example.com.