January and February are the crucial months for CAT/ GMAT aspirants, who have secured 99 percentile scores heading towards nation’s pride: Indian Institute of Management. IIMs are considered as one of the highly reputed B-schools located across the globe due to its world-class educational system.
After crossing hurdles like GMAT or CAT, aspirants explore the Google to know the pattern of questions asked in the interview. We have accumulated few questions from different honors, but remember your interview is a surprise day for you!
Questions from Academics
Academics cover the maximum portion of the interview. Since it is a masters degree course and you have attained specific professional/ traditional bachelor degrees beforehand, it creates curiosity among the admission committee to know about your background based around Academics. Freshers should spare quality time in preparing questions related to at least 4-5 subjects. However, for professionals the chances of asking academic questions is less. If you’re unable to answer the questions related to academics, it might reflect negatively on the admission committee.
Also Read: Indian B-schools Who Accept GMAT Score
Typical Academics Related Questions
- What was your remarkable accomplishment during the undergraduate experience?
- Why are you enthusiastic about the undergraduate education major you selected?
- What precisely do you peculiarity your sound scholastic performance?
- Wherein reasons activities did you take part?
- What did you take in or pick up from this organization?
- Have you ever dropped a course? Why?
- Which school courses did you enjoy the greatest/minimal? Why?
- Do you think you got an adequate training?
- Do your assessments precisely reflect your ability?
- Can it be said with confidence that you had been fiscally in control of part or the bulk of your school education?
Questions from Work-Ex and Internship
This is the second most important major from where a number of questions can be created and asked. This section is very crucial for the working professionals. The adcom will be very keen to know more and more about your accomplishments, projects, job and company or industry. If you’re a professional acquire every detail related to your job field. Try to write down all your experiences and revise them.
Glimpse of Questions
- What runs into probably as a rule or with specific supervisors you picked up out of your previous works?
- What type of work or position disappointed you the most at work?
- In case an opportunity given to you indicate few types of changes at work you’d predisposed towards make.
- Ever you’ve gone over any creative contemplating, how you altered it upwards?
- Suppose you’re and your leader not concurred, describe this kind of episode alongside the manners you strove for the resolution.
- What part of your profession do you usually value? Why?
Questions from HR
These questions aren’t asked directly but they’re highly influential. They help you in building your confidence and you should be able to justify your points.
- Why MBA? Why now?
- How is your career progression affected by it?
- Opportunity cost for the MBA.
- Strengths and weakness.
- Hobbies and interests (very important)
- You are an Engineer? You are wasting the knowledge?
Questions from Others
Adcom members look versatility in a candidate, randomly they can ask from any sphere right from news to civil problems, sports to entertainment, books to blogs etc. the purpose of asking such type of questions to check your awareness to dynamic world.
- Current affairs.
- Politics and socio-economic situations.
- Your state and your hometown (area, per capita, tourist spot etc.).
- Economics (Budget).
Hobbies & Interests
- Which is your favorite book? This will be followed up by detailed inquiries about the book and the author.
- If sports is your hobby, what is the condition of the sport (e.g soccer) in India, which are the top clubs. How do you think Indian soccer can improve / Why is it in a bad state?
Byjus will be glad to help you in your GMAT preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GMAT and MBA from us by just giving a missed call at 08033172797, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.