The importance of an MBA which opens up the doors of immense opportunities for an accelerated career can never be denied. The demand for an MBA is always aspiring for a student and for companies as well. The Indian economy is a mixed economy and it is the seventh-largest in the world measured by nominal GDP and the third-largest by purchasing power parity (PPP). All the aforesaid points make India as a splendid destination for management and business studies. The course structure of MBA in India is taken 70% across the world’s B-schools.
Advantages of pursuing MBA in India:
- One may apply to the course with less or no prior working experience.
- MBA course cost is relatively less as compared to US and UK based B-schools programs
- The B-schools in India have tie-ups with foreign B-schools to provide in-depth knowledge about the management strategies.
- The chances of procuring job are relatively higher here, as it is one of the fastest growing economies.
- Due to its vivid cultural diversity and ethnic sophistications international students prefer India.
How to get into Indian B-schools?
Since India is the second highest populous country so the competition for acquiring a seat in eminent MBA schools is a challenging. Indian B-schools conduct numerous MBA entrance tests for students to get into it. However, mostly Indian B-schools admit Indian students through CAT (Common Aptitude Test) in their programs. The Indian B-schools consider GMAT score for international students and Indian students to a certain extent if they have a good number of years of working experience.
Here is the list of MBA entrance test conducted in India:
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
- GMAT by GMAC
- NMAT by GMAC
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
- Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Exam
- AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA)
- ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT)
Top seven Indian B-schools accept the minimum of the GMAT score:
From the records of Gmatclub.com, we accumulated the minimum score one must to score to hold back a seat in a dream b-school.
|Rank||Name of B-school||Minimum GMAT Score|
|1||Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad||716|
|2||Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad||720|
|3||Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore||695|
|4||Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta||700+|
|5||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade||700+|
|6||S.P.Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||650|
|7||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||690|
The above mentioned data are taken from different sources, for more details please check the official college websites.
Share your views by posting your comment below. You can ask for assistance related to GMAT and MBA from us by just giving a missed call at +9188845 44444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.