Every MBA aspirant faces this dilemma about what exam to write – CAT or GMAT. In both exams, candidate’s Writing Skill, Verbal Ability, Reasoning and Data Interpretation or Quantitative Ability is analyzed. Though the skill tests are same, the depth of understanding of concepts and the modus operandi of all the tests varies from each other.
CAT score is necessary for admission towards Indian Institutes of Management and affiliate B-schools & universities in India whereas GMAT & GRE score is accepted by all the leading business schools across the globe. This can be a criterion on which you can decide about what exam to appear. However, here are ten reasons why you must opt for GMAT to proceed further in your academic career for an MBA degree. GMAT is conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council.
- More Options – As GMAT score is accepted in 1700 universities and 3000+ colleges for more than 6000 programs. Appearing for this exam provides much better options to apply.
- Long Validity – CAT score is valid for one year whereas GMAT score is valid for five years.
- The probability of Getting Selected – GMAT score is only an aspect of the selection criteria. With a phenomenal profile, you can get into a good B-school with a relatively low score, and if you have a moderate profile, you can compensate the lag by a good GMAT score.
- You Don’t Lose a Complete Year – In most of the aptitude tests, you waste a complete year by waiting for the exam to be conducted. You can write GMAT exam five times a year hence can prevent loss of one year.
- Less Competition – Over the past five years, both the CAT and GMAT exams have shown a consistent rise in the number of applicants. However, the number of test takers for CAT is almost three times as much as the number of test takers for GMAT.
- Study Abroad – GMAT is one of the practical exams which opens the gateway to settle abroad which implies that chances to improve your exposure, career opportunities, and salary are high if you appear for GMAT.
- Less Preparation Effort – GMAT preparation takes around 3-4 months even if you start right from scratch. On an average, premium exams like CAT or XAT preparation take a minimum of 6 months.
- Good Option for Pro Candidates – It’s never too late to think about MBA even if you are a professional with more than 15 years. You are eligible to appear for GMAT as most of the top B-schools in USA and EUROPE prefers a well-experienced candidate
- Flexible Application Deadlines – You are a working professional and busy with work. CAT, XAT, NMAT exam dates are clashing with your schedule? No worries!! You can write GMAT exam at any point of time of the year. Some B-schools have 2-3 deadlines for applications. In case you are busy when one application cycle is about to end, there is still another chance to save one complete year.
- Easiest Test for Non-Mathematics Student – GMAT Quantitative section is very easy. So a student from the non-mathematics background can easily opt for this exam.
Get ready for GMAT exam with BYJU’s tablet-based learning program.
All the Best!
We’ll be glad to help you in your GMAT preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GMAT and MBA from us by just giving a missed call at 08033172797, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at email@example.com.