Australia is home to students from all over the world. Students from countries like China, India, Malaysia, Nepal, and Vietnam constitute 53% of the total number of international students in Australia. Aussie Institutions like Australia National University, University of Melbourne, University of Sydney etc. are well known for their research-intensive academic culture, which makes them a popular choice among international students. It is also home to seven universities that are in the top 100 of the reputable QS rankings. The Australian universities hold the top five positions in a number of subjects including nursing, sports-related disciplines and a number of engineering, medicine, and pharmacy courses. Australia has some of the world’s top-ranked student-friendly cities. Six Australian cities feature in the Top 50 student-friendly cities ranked by the QS Rankings 2017. Melbourne has consistently been among the top cities since 2014. The standard of living in Australian cities is among the highest in the world. On the other hand, the cost of living is well below that of the USA and UK. Here are some of the government-funded scholarships for M.S. in Australia:
Indian students planning for higher education in Australia can apply for Endeavour Scholarships that are provided by the Australian government. Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are provided for various programmes ranging from, Masters or Ph.D., Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate degree and Post-doctoral Research.
The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships aim to build Australia’s reputation for excellence in the provision of education and research, support the internationalisation of the Australian higher education and research sectors and offer high-achieving individuals from overseas and Australia opportunities to increase their productivity and expertise in their field.
All the candidates interested in applying must be a graduate, postgraduate or Ph.D. degree holder as per the requirement of the chosen programme during admission.
Candidate must be of minimum 18 years of age during the commencement of the programme.
Eligible and selected candidates will be awarded:
- Travel allowance: USD 3,000 and in the case of special provision, a candidate can be awarded USD 4,500.
- Establishment allowance: Fellowship of USD 2,000 and scholarship of USD 4,000.
- Monthly Stipend: USD 3,000 on a pro-rata basis.
Further, health insurance for the full category admission will be provided to the students.
How to Apply
Applications are attended online only. In case the applicant finds it difficult to apply online, he/ she may request for offline submission at email@example.com stating the reason along with the application.
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship, applicants must:
- be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their program
- provide all relevant supporting documentation
- not currently hold or have completed, an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government).
- not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship.
- Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their intended program prior to the current year are not eligible to apply
Selection Criteria and Weighting
The following are the selection criteria and their relative weighting:
- A record of high-level academic achievement and/or relevant work experience in the applicant’s chosen field of study (40%)
- A statement on how the international study, research or professional development opportunity would further the applicant’s academic and/or professional career (20%)
- A statement on how the international study, research or professional development opportunity will benefit Australia and the applicant’s potential to foster ongoing collaboration and cooperation with their home and host country (20%)
- A well-defined study, research and/or professional development program (20%)
Citizenship/Dual Citizenship/Permanent Residency
Any change in the citizenship/dual citizenship or permanent residency status of a recipient which makes them no longer eligible may necessitate the termination or revocation of the scholarship or fellowship. The recipient may continue their program but they will no longer be funded by the department to do so. International applicants must:
- undertake their entire program in Australia with the exception of approved fieldwork
- be citizens and/or permanent residents of a participating country and remain so for the duration of their program
- not hold citizenship/dual citizenship or permanent residency of Australia.
New Zealand Excellence Awards (NZEA)
Education New Zealand (ENZ) and New Zealand universities jointly fund the New Zealand Excellence Awards (NZEA) to enable students to study in New Zealand. NZEA provides Indian students a chance to experience the academic excellence that is offered by New Zealand universities. It also offers an opportunity for Indian students by providing scholarships, which are valid across all eight New Zealand universities that are given below:
- The University of Waikato
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Massey University
- The University of Auckland
- Lincoln University
- AUT University
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years at the time of application
- Hold current citizenship of India (and not be a citizen or Permanent Resident of New Zealand or Australia)
- Hold a minimum equivalent GPA of B+ in your most recent or highest tertiary qualification
- Have evidence of an unconditional offer of a place at a New Zealand University
Tenure of Award
This scholarship is for the first semester of study in New Zealand.
Total scholarship value: NZ$215,000
Undergraduate Scholarship value: NZ$10,000 each
- Postgraduate Scholarship value: NZ$5,000 each
- Evidence of (unconditional) offer of a place at a New Zealand university
- Curriculum Vitae
- All academic transcripts
- Proof of Indian Citizenship and every other country for which you hold citizenship
BYJU’S will be glad to help you in your GRE preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GRE from us by just giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.