Educational Testing Service(ETS) conducts the Graduate Record Examination(GRE). The GRE test scores can be used to gain admission into universities around the world for graduate- level, business or doctoral degrees. The test is conducted in 160 countries with more than 1000 test centres. The GRE exam tests the candidate’s Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and Analytical Writing skills. The exam is conducted throughout the year, with a restriction of the maximum of five attempts per candidate per year.The GRE Syllabus for the test includes high-school math and vocabulary.
Eligibility for GRE
ETS doesn’t place any eligibility constraints on those who wish to take the test. The test is taken by people who want to take up a graduate or managerial or doctorate course. So, there is no one size fits all criteria put forward by ETS. The test can be taken by a working professional, an unemployed person or even a student who is yet to complete his/her undergraduate degree.
The GRE scores are valid for 5 years from the date of taking the test. So, even a student yet to complete the undergraduate degree can take the test earlier so that he/she can focus more time on choosing the right university.
There is no limiting factor in age, that impacts the eligibility of the candidate. As mentioned earlier, anybody from a student to a working professional can take the exam.
Important Points to Remember
- Create an account on the ETS website.
- Register for the exam by paying the fee.
- Check and book test centers on a date that is comfortable for you.
- Check the ID requirements for the exam. In India, the only accepted document is the passport.
- The name and the date of birth from the passport has to match the information given during the registration.
- There can be 5 attempts per 365 day rolling period.
- A GRE test can be retaken once every 21 days. Make sure you schedule the test so that you receive the GRE scorecard before the deadline of the universities that you’re applying to.
Byjus will be glad to help you in your GRE preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GRE from us by just giving a missed call at 08039513255, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at email@example.com.