‘I owe all my success to that one fateful day when I decided to go with this career choice. At a time when most of my colleagues were planning for Harvard, Stanford etc. in Computer Science, I decided I will not be a part of the herd and study only what I was genuinely interested in, however trivial the course might seem’, says Alex Bowden, a recent graduate from a major in accounting field from the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, one of the top colleges in the world, for the chosen course. Now, Alex is one of the top-earning accountants in a major consultancy firm and he believes that his decision to choose a lesser known MS degree made all the difference.
For an MS degree, there are various options available for students who are planning for non-technical fields as a career. Have a look at a few of them listed below along with the top schools available for the mentioned courses :
Also Read: MS in Management Information Systems
1)MS in Accounting: MS in accounting is an upcoming field that is for the most part also mentioned as one of the following : Master of Accounting (MAcc or MAc), Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcy, MPA, MPAc or MPAcc) or Master of Science in Accounting (MSA). As a Masters in Accounting graduate, you can expect to learn through a variety of courses, contextual analysis and project work, including a lot of autonomous examinations, which in the end concludes with a final thesis or dissertation. A few students may likewise be offered the chance to attempt a venture for an organization outside college.
- University of Texas, Austin, MCCOMBS School of Business.
- University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, College of Business
- Brigham Young University-Marriott School of Management
- University of Southern California- Leventhal School of Accounting
- Ohio state university- Max M Fisher College of Business.
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor- Stephen M Ross School of Business
- Wharton School – University of Pennsylvania
- University of Chicago-Booth School of Business
- Stanford University-Graduate school of Business.
- University of Notre Dame-Mendoza College of Business.
2) Masters in Human Resource Management:These courses are mostly offered as a Master of Science (MSc) or a specific Master of Business Administration (MBA), and also sometimes, available as a Master of Arts (MA) degree. A few colleges offer human resource management courses as a major aspect of a broader graduate degree, consolidating HR with business, which might be helpful in the event that you haven’t already concentrated on business and need to pick up a basic idea regarding significant issues.
The length of the Masters projects will vary between nations, however, Masters in Human Resource Management will, for the most part, take maybe a couple years to finish, provided you are pursuing the same full-time.
Also Read: MS in Advertising and Management
There are various career options available for graduates from Masters in Human Resource Management such as a career as a Human Resource Manager, Equality and Diversity officer, Training and Development Officer, Recruitment Consultant and Management Consultant.
- Purdue University: MS in Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Northwestern University: MS- HRM
- Stanford University: MS Human Resources
- Cornell University: MS Leadership
- University of Chicago: MS Managerial & Organizational Behaviour
- Texas A&M University: MS in HRM
- Michigan State University: MS in HRM
- Ohio State University: MS in HRM
- Temple University: MS in HRM
- Pepperdine University: MS in Management and Leadership
3)MS in Marketing: MS in marketing programs are usually offered as a combination of courses. A Master of Science in Marketing program focuses on marketing analytics. These programs train students to work in any industry, consulting firms, non-profit organisations, government, and other organizations where marketing analytics adds value.
A Master of Science in Marketing provides academically distinguished students the opportunity to develop many of these skills.
- Northwestern University in Evanston, IL
- University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia
- Stanford University in Stanford
- Dartmouth college
- Depaul University
- Duke University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Florida State University
- Fordham University
- Indiana University
BYJU’S will be glad to help you in your GRE preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GRE from us by just giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.