The branch of engineering which deals with improving the quality and efficiency of manufacturing systems is known as Manufacturing Engineering. Candidates will acquire skills and abilities in advanced engineering techniques, production systems, Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) etc. Students who would like to pursue this field of study post their GRE exam can apply to a number of universities which offer this course. The first preference for the aspirants of Manufacturing Engineering is Germany due to their advancement in technology. It is also a prime location for industrial production and flawless scientific research. The German laboratories are state of the art and provide ample opportunities to learn for the students.
Specialisations in Manufacturing Engineering
There are many specializations which a candidate can opt for when it comes to Manufacturing Engineering. Each of it has its own distinctions and one can choose the field according to his area of interest.
- Robotics and automation
- Engineering Design
- Production systems
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
A Masters Degree in Manufacturing Engineering equips the candidate with vast knowledge and he is proficient in the interdisciplinary field of mechanical and production engineering.
Here is a list of accomplishments that the course provides to a graduate student after successfully completing the program.
- Process analysis through quantitative analytical methods for continuous improvement, and production systems design.
- Designing, directing, optimizing and monitoring the manufacturing process that includes lean buffering design, product quality, efficient raw material processing, etc.
- Developing and improving the mathematical modeling of serial fabrication lines and assembly systems in the manufacturing process
- Analysis of modeling results for improving the performance of manufacturing process and identifying buffering issues or bottlenecks process.
- Selecting or developing the suitable innovative machines for production and assembly systems.
Colleges offering Manufacturing Engineering
Following is a list of colleges which offer the course at their universities :
- Technical University of Berlin – Master of Science Global Production Engineering
- RWTH Aachen University
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) – Master of Engineering in Microelectronics Manufacturing Engineering
- The University of Warwick, School of Engineering – Master of Engineering in Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering
- Centrale Nantes -Master of Engineering in Advanced Manufacturing (M-ENG AM)
- Bradley University – Masters in Manufacturing Engineering
Future Scope and Jobs for Manufacturing Engineers
The demand for well-qualified and competent engineers is always present. Recently the manufacturing sector’s productivity has improved post the economic crisis. Therefore, future scopes of graduates are quite vibrant and excellent. Engineers from the field of manufacturing engineering have many options of having an exciting, challenging future with high pay. They have a wide spectrum of jobs in different fields to choose from like the below :
- Manufacturing engineer
- Manufacturing systems engineer
- Production Manager
- Quality Manager
- Materials and Manufacturing engineer
- Senior/Advanced Manufacturing engineer
BYJU’S will be glad to help you in your GRE preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GRE from us by just giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at email@example.com.