Even though Germany is a land of impeccable international reputation, it also is the cheapest destination for higher education in Europe. According to the new QS World University Rankings®, Germany is the home to many apprised universities offering a vast number of programs taught in English, especially at the postgraduate level. Though being a cheap education destination, yet many students will need financial support and Germany provide many scholarships to those who deserve and need it. Here is a list of scholarships available for international students who wish to study in Germany.
The scholarships available in Germany are of two types:
- Government funded
- Non- government funded
- Government-funded scholarships
- DAAD Scholarships – For International students, who wish to study in Germany, DAAD, the German Academic Exchange Service offers many scholarships.
- Erasmus+ – Erasmus+ is the largest provider of scholarships for the students who want to study in European countries. European Commission leads the Erasmus+ and funds the studies and living costs of international students.
- Non-government scholarships to study in Germany
- Alfred Töpfer Foundation – This scholarship is offered for the European students excluding the residents of Germany but including the students from Israel and Turkey. This scholarship is offered for the degree in fields of social science, culture, architecture, forestry, agriculture and arts.
- Einstein International Postdoctoral Fellowship – The Einstein Foundation sponsors the fellowship for postdoctoral research at the University of Berlin.
- Heinrich Böll Scholarships for International Students – This scholarship is provided to the international student for studying masters or Ph.D. at an accredited college in Germany.
- Humboldt Research Fellowships for Postdoctoral Researchers – This scholarship is offered at postgraduate level irrespective of the subject, research field or nationality. Students, who are residents of developing countries, are eligible to apply for the fellowship of Georg Forster.
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Scholarships – Students under the age of 30 and have completed their university degree in their homeland eligible to apply for this scholarship for their masters and a Ph.D. degree in Germany. But, to get this scholarship, it is important to present the evidence of above average academic performance along with social work and interest in political issues.
- Kurt Hansen Science Scholarships – Bayer Foundation sponsors this scholarship for the students studying science in Germany. It is provided to those students who are planning on becoming an educator in the science field.
- Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowships (IIF) for Developing Countries – European Commission finances this scholarship for postdoctoral research in Germany for the international students.
- Mawista Scholarship – Mawista Scholarships is provided for the students who are studying in abroad while taking care of a child.
- Deutschland Stipendium – A scholarship of €300 a month is given based on the merit of the candidate and is given to an exceptionally talented student enrolling at a German university. Nationality and personal income does not affect the chance of getting the scholarship.
- The Helmholtz Association – This scholarship is provided annually for a doctorate and post-doctorate degrees, irrespective of the nationality of the student. It is provided only for the students researching at Helmholtz Center in Germany.
There are some university-specific scholarships as well helping the students to study in Germany. These scholarships are:
- Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management Doctoral Tuition Waivers
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences Masters Scholarships
- International Ph.D. Fellowships at Max Planck Research School for Ultrafast Imaging and Structural Dynamics.
- KAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries.
- HHL International MSc Scholarship for Effective and Responsible Leadership
- Universität Hamburg Merit Scholarships.
- FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme for International Researchers
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans
- International Doctoral Positions at Graduate School of East and Southeast European Studies
- Humboldt University International Research Fellowships
- Ulm University Scholarships for International Students
- Kofi Annan MBA Scholarships provided to the students of Developing Countries.
- RWTH Aachen University scholarships
Byjus will be glad to help you in your GRE preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GRE from us by just giving a missed call at 08039513255, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.