If you’re planning for US, then there are options available for you in plenty. Although acquiring a US scholarships is relatively more difficult for MS courses than PhD courses. Scholarships for PhD courses are available in plenty. However, you can still make it to a US scholarship by getting a good GRE and TOEFL score, maintaining a good CGPA, creating good LoR’s, SoP’s, CV and acquiring research credentials in terms of research papers etc.
Getting US scholarships is subjective i.e. there is no guarantee of making it. Therefore, the best way to proceed is to improve your overall profile as much as possible. While looking at scholarships, colleges will be looking at your grades, essays, GRE, TOEFL score and research. Try to maintain a good overall profile in all these departments. If you are lagging in any one department, you can compensate for the same by achieving good strength in other field. For example, if you have low Gpa, you can compensate by showing good research background and high GRE score and so on.
Therefore, best option is to apply as much as possible. Following are the list of scholarships being offered, select the ones according to your eligibility and start applying before deadline:
- Chicago Booth School of Business – The India Trust Fellowship and Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship are both available for Indian students who apply to study a full time MBA at the school.
- Fulbright Nehru Research Fellowships – Offering funding to outstanding Indian students wishing to pursue study at any level within an accredited US institution. See individual scholarships for specific criteria.
- S.N. Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program for Indian Students – Opportunities for Indian researchers at master’s level or higher to study a selected program in the field of science and technology at a university in the US.
- BeArt Presets Academic Scholarship: Candidates must be either an Undergraduate or a Graduate student. He/She must hold an official acceptance letter from an accredited University or College.
- James “Rhio” O’Connor Memorial Scholarship: Scholarships are open to all countries and is provided by cancer monthly. It gives a partial funding of 1000$.
- Shankara Scholarship: Shankara scholarship is a prestigious scholarship awarded to brilliant minds with a creative mind a flair for learning and knowledge. Students who require financial assistance are given preference. They can give funding in terms of tuition fees of USD 1,000.
- The Law Offices Of Joel J. Kofsky Scholarship 2016: To apply for the Law Offices of Joel J. Kofsky Scholarship, you have to submit an essay on the given topic: Write an essay describing what safety precautions and traffic laws should be emphasized. This scholarship is open to candidates of all nationalities.
- B.D. Bangur Endowment Educational Scholarships: The scholarship is open to Indian nationals. He/She must be at least 35 years of age. Applicants must demonstrate genuine financial need. Graduates with a consistent academic merit from a recognized Indian University are eligible. Applicants in their final year of a Degree course are also eligible.
In exceptional cases, loan scholarships may be given for undergraduate studies.