If you’re planning to study in US, then there are plenty of options available for you. Although acquiring a scholarship for US is relatively more difficult for MS courses when compared to scholarships for PhD courses. Scholarships for PhD courses are available in plenty. However, you can still receive a US scholarship by obtaining a good TOEFL and GRE score, maintaining a good CGPA, creating good LoR’s, SoP’s, CV and acquiring research credentials in terms of research papers etc.
Getting a US scholarship is subjective i.e. there is no guarantee of receiving a scholarship. Therefore, the best way to proceed is to improve your overall profile as much as possible. While looking at the applications for scholarships :- colleges will be looking at your grades, essays, GRE scores, TOEFL scores and research. Try to maintain a good overall profile in all these departments. If you are behind in any one department, you can compensate for the same by achieving well in other fields. For example, if you have a low GPA, you can compensate for it by exhibiting a good research background, a high GRE score, a well drafted SOP and so on.
Therefore, the best option is to apply as much as possible. Following are the list of scholarships being offered to study in the US, select the ones according to your eligibility and start applying before the deadlines:
- Chicago Booth School of Business– The Indian Trust & Fellowship and Akhtar Ali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship are the ones accessible for Indian students who apply to study a full time MBA at the college.
- Fulbright Nehru Research Fellowships – It offers scholarships to exceptional Indian graduates wishing to study at any level at an authorized US establishment.
- S.N. Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program for Indian Students– Opportunities for Indian students at the level of Master’s degree graduation or even higher to pursue a selected program in the field of science and technology at a university in the United States.
- BeArt Presets Academic Scholarship: Candidates must be either an Undergraduate or a Graduate student. He/She must hold an official acceptance letter from an accredited University or College.
- James “Rhio” O’Connor Memorial Scholarship:Scholarships are open to all countries. It gives a partial funding of 1000$. It conducts an essay contest open to all college students.
- Shankara Scholarship: Shankara scholarship is a prestigious scholarship awarded to brilliant minds with a creative mind and a flair for learning and knowledge. Students who require financial assistance are given preference. They can be given funding in terms of tuition fees of USD 1,000.
- The Law Offices Of Joel J. Kofsky Scholarship 2016: To apply for the Law Offices of Joel J. Kofsky Scholarship, you have to submit an essay on the given topic: Write an essay describing the security laws and safety measures that need to be emphasized. The good news is that this grant is open to students from all nationalities.
- B.D. Bangur Endowment Educational Scholarships:The scholarship isopen to Indian nationals. He/She must be at least 35 years of age. Applicants must demonstrate genuine financial need. Graduates with a consistent academic merit from a recognized Indian University are eligible. Applicants in their final year of a Degree course are also eligible.
In truly rare cases, loan scholarships may be provided for undergraduates as well.
BYJU’S will be glad to help you in your GRE preparation journey. You can ask for any assistance related to GRE from us by just giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can drop an SMS. You can write to us at email@example.com.