The Department of Commerce’s DAVA (Drug Authentication and Verification Application) project has won the 2015 eASIA Award under Trade Facilitation category as announced by Asia Pacific Council for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (AFACT) in Tehran, Iran.
- This award is administered by AFACT. It aims to development and promotion of trade facilitation, electronic business policies and activities in the Asia Pacific region.
- This project is a significant step and will contribute considerably in enhancing the brand image of our pharmaceutical exporters.
About DAVA (Drug Authentication and Verification Application)
- DAVA project launched on June 29, 2015 created an integrated platform for implementation of the Track and Trace system both for exports and domestic markets of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals.
- The DAVA project is an initiative of Government of India which aims to cover all the drugs manufactured in India.
- It is in the pilot stage and will be subsequently made mandatory for all pharmaceutical exports from India.
Benefits of this project:
- The project will provide simpler means to the consumer and regulatory agencies for establishing drug authentication and protect the India’s Brand image in international trade.
- When fully implemented, the export of fake or spurious drug from the country, will not be possible and in case it happens it would be easily traceable.
- The application has value-added features like availability of stocks for a drug in an area/wholesalers/retailers at a point of time; whenever required, drugs can easily be identified and recalled due to traceability of stocks, prevention of black marketing which especially arises during epidemics.
- The eASIA is focusing on promoting the total development of ICT service industry, providing the global marketing opportunity.
- This international event will also promote the mutual inspiration and experience sharing on electronic business, mobile commerce & trade facilitation among many countries in Asia Pacific Region.
- To establish a regular region-wide common ground for experience sharing in ICT service industry and related applications.
- To recognize the outstanding achievers of eBusiness and mCommerce in G2G, G2B, G2C, B2B, and B2C among countries in Asia Pacific Region.
- To promote Taiwan as an ICT service hub in Asia Pacific, with the participation and collaboration amongst AFACT members, for eBusiness, mCommerce, and trade facilitation.
- To promote Taiwan as a commercial center for the key ICT service and solution vendors and users.