UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017 Notification: Examination Scheme, Exam Dates, Application Fee and Last Date Details. The UPSC has released the notification for Civil Services And Indian Forest Services Examination.
The UPSC released its 2017 notification a few days back. This document contains all the information that you need to know if you wish to take the 2017 UPSC civil services exam. This article talks about the minimum educational qualification that you need to hold if you want to take the IAS prelims 2017.
- The candidate must have a degree of any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India, or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared as a deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or those which have an equivalent qualification.
- Even those candidates who have written exams on passing which they would be qualified to take the UPSC exam but the results are yet to come out, or those candidates who are yet to sit for such exam can sit for the UPSC prelims exam. (i.e., those who are yet to take their final degree exam or those awaiting results of their final year/semester of degree are eligible to appear for the UPSC prelims). But such candidates must produce the proof of passing such exam while applying for the UPSC mains.
- In exceptional cases, the UPSC may allow a candidate who does not fall under the aforementioned category if the candidate has passed an exam conducted by other institutions, the standard of which the UPSC is convinced justifies his/her admission to take the UPSC exam.
- Those candidates with professional/technical qualifications which are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional/technical degrees are also eligible.
- MBBS candidates who have not yet completed their internship by the time of applying for the UPSC Mains will be given a provisional admission to take the mains, provided they submit a copy of the certificate from the concerned University/institution authority that they have passed the requisite final professional medical examination. At the time of the interview, such candidates will have to produce a certificate from the University/institution stating that they have completed all the requirements (including completion of internship) for the award of the medical degree.
For more such articles and strategy on clearing the IAS exam, visit the BYJU’S free IAS prep website.
The UPSC released their notifications for civil services exam for 2017 on February 22nd. Visit BYJU’S Website for the latest news on the notifications page.