- RashtriyaMahilaKosh (RMK) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Women & Child Development (MWCD).
- It is a society registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 and an apex micro-finance organization.
- The main objective of setting up of RMK was to provide micro-credit to poor women for various livelihood support and income generating activities at concessional terms in a client-friendly procedure to bring about their socio-economic development.
- As a result of review of the functioning of RMK during 2014-2015, the following measures have been taken by the Government to revamp the RMK:
i) Simplification of Loan Procedures
ii) Downward revision in Rate of Interest
- Mahila E-haat was launched by MWCD in March, 2016.
- The Vision, Mission and Goal of Mahila E-haat are:
- Vision: to empower & strengthen financial inclusion of Women Entrepreneurs in the economy by providing continued sustenance and support to their creativity.
- Mission: to act as a catalyst by providing a web based marketing platform to the women entrepreneurs to directly sell to the buyers.
- Goal: to support ‘Make in India’ through digital marketing platform.
In the event of default, the defaulting NGOs are blacklisted whereby they are debarred from availing any sort of grants or aid by any Central / State Govt. agency.