UPSC Exam Preparation: Topic of the Day – Saansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana – SAANJHI
Saansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana UPSC
Saansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY), popularly known as SAANJHI was launched by the Government of India in 2014. It is a village development project under which, each member of the parliament would take the responsibility of developing the institutional and physical infrastructure in three villages each by the year 2019. The goal of the project is to develop three villages by 2019 and thereafter develop five Adarsh Grams, one per year by 2024. The project aims at achieving objectives far beyond mere infrastructure development. It aims at developing model villages by instilling certain values in the villages and their people.
Saansad Aadarsh Gram Yojana Objectives
The main objectives of SAGY are:
- To trigger processes which lead to holistic development of the identified Gram Panchayats.
- To substantially improve the standard of living and quality of life of all sections of the population through
- Improved basic amenities
- Higher productivity
- Enhanced human development
- Better livelihood opportunities
- Reduced disparities
- Access to rights and entitlements
- Wider social mobilization
- Enriched social capital
- To generate models of local level development and effective local governance which can motivate and inspire neighboring Gram Panchayats to learn and adapt.
- To nurture the identified Adarsh Grams as schools of local development to train other Gram Panchayats.
In order to achieve these objectives, SAGY would be guided by the following approach:
- Leveraging the leadership, capacity, commitment and energy of the Members of Parliament (MP) to develop model Gram Panchayats
- Engaging with and mobilizing the community for participatory local level development.
- Converging different government programmes and private and voluntary initiatives to achieve comprehensive development in tune with people’s aspirations and local potential.
- Building partnerships with voluntary organisations, co-operatives and academic and research institutions.
- Focusing on outcomes and sustainability.
SAGY aims at holistic development by laying focus on
- Personal development: cleanliness, cultural heritage, behavioural change, personal values etc.
- Human development: education, health, nutrition, social security.
- Economic development: livelihoods, skills, financial inclusion, basic amenities
- Social development: voluntarism, social justice, good governance.
|Krishi Kalyan Abhiyan|
|Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram|