UPSC Instructions To Candidates/Important instructions to the candidate UPSC 2018
The UPSC 2018 prelims exam consists of two papers both of which are objective in nature. namely, the General Studies Paper I and the General Studies Paper II, the latter, also known as, the CSAT paper. Candidates need not write any answers and the answers will have to be marked in the answer sheet. A question will be given four answer options and candidates should select the correct answer and mark the circle corresponding to the correct choice in the answer sheet. As part of your UPSC preparation, it is important to remain well aware of the important UPSC instructions to candidates.
UPSC Instructions 2018
The UPSC gives certain instructions for the MCQ type exam. They are explained below:
- The answer sheet should be filled only with a black ballpoint pen.
- Before starting to answer, you should fill in the details like centre, subject, subject code, roll number, and test booklet series (which will be printed on the test booklet/question paper booklet) with a black ballpoint pen.
- You should also encode the test booklet series, subject code and your roll number in the space provided as shown below. Please note that everything should be written and marked in the answer sheet only using a black ballpoint pen.
- Candidates should also fill in the required details in the Scannable Attendance List.
- Unfair means in the exam are absolutely not allowed and the UPSC may take disciplinary action against candidates proven to have used unfair means.
- Candidates are also required to display good conduct in the exam hall.
Instructions for UPSC Prelims
Items NOT PERMITTED inside the exam hall:
- Books/loose sheets
- Mathematical and drawing instruments
- Log tables
- Map stencils
- Slide rules
- Previous test booklets and rough sheets
- Mobile phones/pagers
- Electronic/communication devices
Candidates who bring such banned items to the exam hall will have to face disciplinary action including being banned from future examinations.
Articles permitted inside the exam hall:
- Clip/hard board (nothing should be written on it) for writing
- Black ball point pen
The answer sheet and sheets for rough work will be provided by the exam invigilator.
Points to remember while marking correct answer:
- There is negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Mark only one option in the answer sheet for each question. If you mark more than one answer, then the question will be deemed incorrect even if one of the answer options you marked happens to be the correct answer.
- The penalty for incorrect answer is one-third of the marks allotted to that question.
- If a question is left unanswered, i.e., no option is marked, then no marks will be deducted for that question.
|UPSC Prelims Paper I & II syllabus|
|Tips To Avoid Negative Marks in UPSC Civil Services Prelims|