National Law Day
- The National Law Day-2017 will be celebrated jointly by the Law Commission of India and NITI Aayog
- The significance of the event lies in the fact that the Constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on November 26, 1949
The event will have the following four technical / academic sessions:
- Judicial Review and Parliamentary Democracy – Balancing the Separation of Powers.
- Appointments to Higher Judiciary – Constraints of Collegium System and Reforms Ahead.
- Structural Reforms for Overcoming Delays in Justice Delivery.
- Scope of Judicial Powers: Judicial Activism
Communal Harmony Flag Day
- The National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH) is observing the Communal Harmony Campaign and Fund Raising Week from November 19-25, 2017 and the Flag Day was celebrated with enthusiasm and fervor.
National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH)
- It was set up as an autonomous organisation under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 with the Ministry of Home Affairs, and registered on the 19th February, 1992 with the main objective of providing assistance for the physical and psychological rehabilitation of the child victims of communal, caste, ethnic or terrorist violence, with special reference to their care, education and training besides promoting communal harmony, fraternity and national integration.
- The Home Minister is ex-officio chairman of the Governing Council of the Foundation.
- The Foundation promotes Communal Harmony and strengthens National Integration. Under its Project ‘Assist’, the NFCH also provides financial assistance for relief and rehabilitation of children rendered orphan or destitute in communal, caste, ethnic or terrorist violence.