The UPSC conducts multiple examinations throughout the year for recruitment to various services of the Government of India. Some of these exams are the Civil Services Examination, Combined Defence Services Examination and the National Defence Academy Examination etc. The notifications for Exams by UPSC are published from time to time. The IAS Exam notification for 2020 will be released on 12th February 2020 (tentative date). The UPSC uses the UPSC Online website for UPSC Registration for all the examinations.
You can check the UPSC Notification 2019 here.
The Civil Services Exam Notification 2020 will contain all the information needed by candidates to apply for the IAS exam 2020. The UPSC Notification will provide the following information:
|How to Apply for the UPSC Examination|
|Last Date of Application for the IAS Examination|
|Contact Number of the UPSC Candidate Helpline|
|Date of Civil Services Examination|
|Civil Services Posts and Services|
|Number of Vacancies|
|UPSC Exam Centres|
|Disciplinary Rules for IAS Candidates|
|Plan of Examination|
The recruitment to the Civil Services Exam is conducted in three stages annually to fill in the vacancies. The three levels of examination being:
- Civil Services Prelims: Candidates who have applied before the last date of application and fulfil the IAS eligibility criteria are issued UPSC admit cards for UPSC Prelims.
- Civil Services Mains: Candidates who have cleared the IAS prelims cut-off and filled the DAF (Detailed Application Form) are issued UPSC admit cards for UPSC Mains.
- Personality Test / Interview: Candidates who have cleared the IAS Mains cut-off are called for the UPSC Personality Test/IAS Interview.
Filling the UPSC Online Form is the first step in the IAS Exam Procedure and is currently the only way for UPSC Exam Application.
UPSC Online Application/UPSC Registration
Before starting the application process, IAS aspirants should satisfy themselves that they fulfil UPSC Eligibility conditions and have prepared the UPSC Syllabus well.
Aspirants need to perform the following steps in the same order to correctly fill in the UPSC Online Form:
- Open the UPSC official website and navigate to the Apply Online option.
- Choose the second option from the next page, which is Online Application for Various Examinations. This would open the UPSC Online website which is used exclusively for UPSC Exam Application.
- Choose the first option that is Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC which will take you to the list of examinations for which UPSC applications are currently being accepted.
- Choose the Civil Services and Indian Forest Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019 option and fill the Part I of the application.
For more information on UPSC Exam, please visit:
|UPSC Syllabus||UPSC 2019|
|IAS Eligibility||UPSC Exam Pattern|
|UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Marksheet|
|UPSC Exam Date||UPSC Books|