Topic of the Day: Light Category: Science
Today’s Topic of the Day is ‘Light’ which is one of the topics in Science.
The topic of the Day (ToD) will help the aspirants to know the basic concepts and make their foundation strong while preparing for UPSC IAS Exam. Reading Topic of the Day religiously will mould the aspirants to prepare for Current affairs in a very effective way and make relevant current affairs notes. The section of Topic of the Day will also make easy for candidates in making short notes on certain topics.
- Light is in the form of an electromagnetic wave
- It is a form of energy.
- The visible light has wavelengths stretches between 400–700 nanometres.
- The primary source of light is sun
- Utilizing the sunlight only abiotic, as well as biotic things, produce their energy.
- Microwaves, X-rays, Gamma rays, and the radio waves are also regarded as the types of light.
- Optics is a branch of physics that deals with the properties and behavior of light, along with its interactions with the matter.
Properties of light
Light exhibits various properties which are given below:
- Total internal reflection