The Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) is a computer adaptive entrance test which evaluates an aspirant’s problem-solving abilities, reading and verbal reasoning skills, and analytical writing competency in written English for obtaining admission in a graduate management program, such as Master in Business Administration(MBA) or the like. The test is administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) and can be taken multiple times in a year. The GMAT score is generally accepted by more than 7,000 programs at nearly 2,300 graduate business schools across the globe.
Despite the growing popularity of GRE, it is interesting to note that GMAT is still considered one of the most preferred choices of MBA aspirants. As a GMAT 2019 aspirant, you should remember that the entrance test can be taken up to five times in a calendar year. But the attempts must have a time gap of at least 16 days.
|All About GMAT||GMAT Exam 2019||GMAT Exam Pattern||GMAT Syllabus||GMAT Exam Dates Availability||GMAT Books|
GMAT Exam Dates 2019:
GMAT 2019 candidates should try to keep a track of the GMAT exam dates availability so that they can structure their respective study plans accordingly. The aspirants can check the schedule given below in a tabular format for their ready reference and register online at the official GMAT website as per the GMAT exam dates 2019.
|GMAT 2019||Crucial Dates|
|GMAT 2019 Registration||Open throughout the year|
|Date of GMAT 2019 Examination||Candidates have the flexibility to choose the date during registration|
|GMAT 2019 Result Declaration||Within 20 calendar days after taking the test|
Eligibility Criteria for GMAT 2019:
Although GMAC sets no fixed prerequisites to take up the GMAT exam. Nevertheless, the candidates who aim to take the test must ensure to fulfill the requisite eligibility criteria for GMAT 2019 set by the respective university/colleges in which they wish to take admission. These include:
- Age Limit: Although there is no upper age limit, the candidate must have completed at least 18 years of age. However, for candidates in the age bracket of 13 to 17 years, they need to obtain permission in writing from their parents or legal guardian prior to scheduling their exam.
- Requisite Educational Qualification: There is no official statement from GMAC, the body conducting GMAT regarding minimum eligibility of candidates to sit for the test. However, it is essential that candidates should possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university to enroll for the MBA programme.
- Number of Attempts: The candidates can attempt GMAT up to 8 times in total. But in a particular calendar year, the number of attempts cannot exceed five times with a time gap of at least 16 days.
- Re-application for the Test: GMAT candidates who have not fared well in the entrance test, can re-appear for the test again. The GMAT score is valid for five years and candidates who have not enrolled in any graduate programme during this span of time can re-apply for the entrance test.
GMAT Registration 2019:
GMAT 2019 aspirants can enroll for the test either online or by calling any of the test centers, through fax or mail through a post. In order to register online, a GMAT aspirant needs to create a free account on the GMAT official website by furnishing his/her personal information like name, contact number, and email id. For candidates who wish to register offline can register for the test by calling the GMAT Customer Service in their respective region/ zone and fix an appointment prior to scheduling the exam. Aspirants can also complete their GMAT Registration 2019 through postal mail. They just need to fill the application form online and mail it along with their payment information in the official GMAT website. At BYJU’s, we offer to help you with useful steps to prepare for your GMAT journey. For any assistance, you can reach us simply by giving a missed call at +918884544444, or even drop an SMS at this number. For further assistance, you can also write to us at email@example.com.
GMAT 2019 Fee Structure:
Candidates have to pay a registration fee for the GMAT exam. The GMAT fees for enrolling for the exam is USD $250. There are different modes of payment:
- Debit/Credit Cards
- Money Orders
Given below is the complete fee structure for GMAT 2019:
|GMAT Fees (Registration)||USD $250|
|Rescheduling of Exam Appointment|
|Within 7 days of appointment||USD $250|
|More than seven days prior to appointment||USD $60|
|Cancellation of Exam Appointment|
|Within 7 days of appointment||No refund|
|More than seven days prior to appointment||Refund of USD $80|
|Additional Score Report||USD $35|
|Score Report Enhancement||USD $24.95|
|Score Reinstatement||USD $50|
|Score Cancel (After you leave the testing center, online on mba.com)||USD $25|
|GMAT Essay Rescore||USD $45|
GMAT Syllabus 2019:
For candidates taking up the GMAT 2019 exam, they need to start their preparation from the GMAT Syllabus 2019 as given below. The syllabus is divided into four sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section involves quantitative reasoning like data sufficiency and problem-solving. It mostly includes Maths syllabus like Geometry, Algebra, Linear Equations etc.
- Integrated Reasoning: This section measures the candidates’ capability of integrating data to solve complex problems on the basis of graphical interpretation, table analysis etc.
- Verbal Ability: This section assesses the candidates’ ability to read and understand written material, evaluate arguments, and take corrective measures to express ideas adequately in standard written English.
- Analytical Writing Assessment: This section particularly tests the candidates’ writing style as they may be asked to write an essay or a comprehension passage may be given which they need to answer the questions accordingly.
GMAT Exam Pattern 2019:
GMAT is a computer adaptive test which includes 80 questions with an exam duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes. The test consists of four sections – Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. There are multiple-choice options available for the verbal and quantitative sections of the GMAT exam.
Given below is the GMAT exam pattern 2019:
|Name of the Section||Time Limit||Number of questions||Score Range|
|Quantitative||1 hour, 2 minutes||31 questions||6-51|
|Integrated Reasoning||½ an hour||12 questions||1-8|
|Verbal Ability||1 hour, 5 minutes||36 questions||6-51|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||½ an hour||01 (essay)||0-6|
Best GMAT Books 2019:
During your GMAT preparation, it is recommended for you to consult the best GMAT books 2019 to upskill your knowledge and stay updated about the latest updates and sample papers. In the table below, we have listed some of the finest books to refer and buck up your GMAT 2019 preparation:
|Name of the book||Name of the author|
|Complete GMAT Strategy Guide Set (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep|
|GMAT Complete 2019: The Ultimate in Comprehensive Self-Study for GMAT (Kaplan Test Prep)||Kaplan Test Prep|
|GMAT Advanced Quant: 250+ Practice Problems & Bonus Online Resources (Manhattan Prep Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep|
|GMAT Critical Reasoning (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep|
|GMAT Verbal Strategy Guide Set (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep|
Few Tips to Prepare for GMAT 2019:
As a GMAT 2019 aspirant, you must be wondering how to prepare for your exam. You can follow the below steps to kick start your preparation:
Design a study plan: It is important that you should devise a study plan to prepare yourself for the GMAT 2019 exam. Structure your plan in such a way so that you can allocate sufficient time for each section of the exam.
Start early and Practice more: Soon after you have selected a preferred exam date, start studying regularly and enroll with an education provider for additional assistance like complete mentorship guidance, attempting simulated tests etc. You can enroll at BYJU’s and get assistance on steps to prepare for the GMAT exam. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At BYJU’s, we not just guide you to prepare for the GMAT exam, but also help you understand the entire GMAT syllabus and eligibility criteria, fee structure, steps to prepare for the exam and assist in taking your first step towards MBA.