GMAT is a standardized computer adaptive test administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council(GMAC) which is held in nearly 112 countries across the globe. The GMAT exam is a gateway for management aspirants to secure admission in graduate management programs such as MBA and the like in international universities. The GMAT Admit Card is available at the official website as soon as the registration is completed by the prospective candidates.
The Admit Card for GMAT exam is the most indispensable document that a test-taker needs to carry on the day of the examination, failing which he/she would not be allowed to enter the examination hall and shall be considered ineligible to sit for the exam. Carrying the admit card for GMAT exam acts as proof that you have registered at the official website for taking up the GMAT 2019 exam. Besides, it also helps to track your results once declared.
Since GMAT is conducted multiple times in a calendar year, you can choose an exam date per your convenience and availability and sit for the exam at any time during the year. Candidates who have successfully registered themselves in the official website are issued admit cards right on time. It is like a confirmation letter which they need to carry mandatorily on the day of the exam. Students can download the Admit Card a few days before the commencement of the GMAT exam or they might receive the Admit Card through email.
Contents of GMAT 2019 Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Roll Number/Enrolment Number
- Identification number of GMAT Test
- Candidate’s Name and Address
- Date of Birth
- Father’s name
- Examination centre
- Examination date and time
For instance, you can check the below Admit Card Release Date for your reference:
GMAT Admit Card 2019 Release Date:
|Full Form||Graduate Management Aptitude Test|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|How to apply?||Need to register in the official website|
|Issue of Admit Card||January 2019|
|Date of Interview||February-March 2019|
|Final Results||March 2019|
Steps to download the GMAT 2019 Admit Card:
- Official website: Candidates can download the Admit Card of GMAT exam from the official website. Candidates need to register and complete their GMAT profile by inputting their name, date of birth and citizenship details which must match details as per their respective ID proofs.
- Credentials: The Admit Card for the GMAT exam consists of all the basic information of the candidate such as name, roll number, examination time and date, etc.
- Email Alerts: Test -takers can also subscribe to email alerts which informs them via email to download the admit card of GMAT exam just a few days before the commencement of the scheduled test.
- Important Rules and Regulations: The Admit Card usually consists of some important instructions about the various rules and regulations which the candidates must follow compulsorily during the GMAT exam.
- ID proof: It is imperative for candidates to carry the Admit Card and an Identity Document(ID) proof on the day of the GMAT exam. Some of the ID proofs which are considered valid for the GMAT exam are as follows:
- Driving Licence issued by the Government
- National/State identity card issued by the Government
Key Points to Remember for GMAT 2019 Admit Card:
- Valid Identity Proof: A candidate must ensure to carry a valid ID proof and Admit Card to the GMAT exam. The name and date of birth should be in strict order and the placement of alphabets should be matching the details as mentioned in the ID proof.
- Photograph: The Admit Card for the GMAT exam must include a recent photograph of the candidate along with his/her signature on it.
- Expired Document not allowed: The ID proof and GMAT Admit Card 2019 should be valid since an expired card is unacceptable and doesn’t hold good to sit for the exam. It is advisable for candidates to carry more than one ID proof on the day of the exam so that in the event of non-acceptance of one proof, the other ID proof can serve the purpose.
Tips for the GMAT Exam Day:
As a GMAT candidate, you should maintain your composure on the day of the exam and can benefit from a few instructions as stated below:
- Read through the GMAT test rules and regulations properly beforehand.
- Try to reach the exam center at least 30 minutes before the scheduled exam time to avoid commotion in the last-minute.
- Choose an examination centre which is close-by.
- Do not carry gadgets such as mobiles, pagers, smartwatch, etc to the examination room.
- Do not panic and try to solve the section first which you are most comfortable with.
- Sit on the computer workstation only which is allotted to you.
- Keep your personal belongings in the allotted locker and ensure to carry them along once you’re done with examination and out of the exam hall.
For any assistance with respect to your GMAT exam preparation, you can stay tuned with BYJU’s and contact us simply by giving a missed call at +918884544444, or you can also write to us at [email protected]. We look forward to serving you the best!