The candidates appearing in the upcoming exam must study the expert’s recommended UGC NET Books to clear the exam cutoff for JRF and Assistant professor position. NTA conducts UGC NET twice in a year (June and December) to test candidates’ ability to become researchers or professors in the top colleges and universities.
There are two papers in UGC NET exam: Paper 1 is a General paper while Paper 1 deals with the subject-specific questions, as chosen by the candidates while filling out the UGC NET application form. Reading the appropriate UGC NET books is essential for improving concepts and gaining sufficient knowledge about the subject.
In this article, we have shared a list of UGC NET books for both paper 1 and paper 2 for your ready reference
UGC NET Books – Overview
The most frequent issue a candidate encounters during the preparation phase is deciding which books to use because there are so many on the market. Several aspirants wind up wasting significant time looking for the ideal books while becoming confused. So, choosing the best UGC NET Books should be the first priority for every aspirant to get a good rank in the exam.
It takes some time to choose the right UGC NET preparation book, but if you have the best books, your exam preparation is already half done. Note the section below, and get paper-wise UGC NET Exam Books to complete every chapter of the UGC NET Syllabus.
UGC NET Preparation Books for Paper 1
Considering the official UGC NET Exam Pattern, Paper 1 includes a General Aptitude section. It is compulsory for all applicants, whatever subjects they have chosen. Here is a list of expert’s recommended books that you can follow to prepare UGC NET paper subjects
- Trueman’s UGC NET /SET General Paper 1 by Trueman Publication
- UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude by Arihant Experts
- NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF Paper 1- Teaching and Research Aptitude by KVS Madaan (Pearson Education)
- UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude General Paper-1 by Upkar Prakashan
UGC NET Books for Paper 2
There are in total of 83 subjects in total. The candidates can choose UGC NET Exam books for paper 2 as per the subjects they have studied at the Post-Graduation level.
Note the table below to get a subject-wise list of the UGC NET Paper 2 books. You can also check and download UGC NET Book PDF list for the subjects included in paper 2.
|UGC NET Paper 2 Subjects
|Trueman’s UGC NET Economics by Sriniwas Shirur
|UGC NET/JRF/SET Economics (Paper 2)-Upkar Prakashan
|Trueman’s UGC NET Political Science by K.A. Babu, Sajit Kumar
|UGC Net Political Science by Rukmini Bhattacharjee (Arihant)
|Trueman’s UGC NET Psychology by Dr. Swati Maharshi
|UGC Net Psychology by Siddharth Mittal and Naroj Kumar Sahu (Arihant Experts)
|Trueman’s UGC NET Sociology by S.Hussain
|Trueman’s UGC NET History by Promod Singh
|Trueman’s UGC NET Anthropology by A.M. Tripathi
|Trueman’s UGC NET Commerce by PraveenKataria, Anshu Kataria, and M. Shivani
|Trueman’s UGC NET Education by GaganManocha
|Trueman’s UGC NET Education by Yogendra Pal
|Defense and Strategic Studies
|UGC-NET-JRF Defense And Strategic Studies
UGC NET Exam Books: Tips to Choose?
Candidates preparing for the UGC NET may choose a different book based on their performance and personal preferences. Consider the following essential factors when choosing the best UGC NET Books for yourself:
- Know the topics that you need to focus on more and accordingly finalize your books for the same.
- Examine the list of books currently available for each subject.
- Before deciding if it meets your needs, you can read online reviews and features.
- Preferable is a book with numerous practice questions and an explanation of the concepts.
How to Study UGC NET Book PDF?
Here we have updated some tips that you can follow to study the UGC NET Exam book PDF.
- Compare the available books to the course outline. Make sure you comprehend the exam’s structure and the subjects it will cover; only read these books according to the syllabus.
- Each subject would require a specific amount of time. Give each subject a certain amount of time, and follow the schedule. Provide extra reading time for challenging subjects.
- To write down definitions and tricky words, use post-its and notes. Regularly assess your progress and note any areas that want improvement. With the aid of UGC NET books, concentrate your study efforts on these topics.
- Make sure you go over your prepared notes again and practise the things that take the longest to solve or learn. The secret to success is constant practice. Take practice tests, finish practice problems, and regularly evaluate your performance.