The main objective of the Aligarh movement was to persuade the Muslim community to acquire modern knowledge and the English laguage. In addition it had the following additional objectives:
- To build trust between the government and the Muslim community.
- To maintain and promote the political and economic importance of the community.
Syed Ahmed Khan started the Aligarh movement.
- Social and Religious Movements in 19th Century India
- Rise of Gandhi in the Indian Freedom Struggle
- Indian Education System During British Rule