IAS aspirants would be aware by now that the UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019 is scheduled to be held on June 2, 2019. The Union Public Service Commission released the online application form for Civil Services Exam on February 19, 2019.
Candidates who are planning to appear for the Civil Services Exam 2019 will have to fill the UPSC online application and pay the fee by logging onto the official website (www.upsc.gov.in) before 6 PM, March 18.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts various examinations to recruit candidates for posts in the government of India and civil services exam is one such exam. Every year, lakhs of candidates apply for the IAS exam and the commission accepts candidatures only through online mode and no more paper applications are available.
Important dates of UPSC 2019
Also, check UPSC Notification 2019
|The official notification released on||February 19, 2019|
|Last date for submitting the application form||March 18, 2019|
|UPSC Prelims 2019||June 2, 2019|
|Start date of the UPSC Mains||September 20, 2019|
Applying Online for the IAS exam 2019
- Candidates should first check their eligibility for the IAS exam before starting with the steps to fill the UPSC online application.
- In the browser, go to upsconline.nic.in
- Click the first link which comes on that page “Online Application For Various Examinations of UPSC”
- Click on Part I registration
- Go through the “Important Instructions to fill Online Application Form” and click on “Yes” at the bottom of the page
- The Part I registration of the Application Form for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination – 2019 will open up.
- For UPSC Prelims Part I registration, you have to fill in the following details:
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Marital Status
- Candidates of Persons with Benchmark Disability
- Do you belong to Minority
- Fee Remission Claimed
- District / City
- State / UT
- PIN Code
- Phone No.
- Mobile No.
- Claiming age relaxation
- Educational Qualification
- Degree Subject in Graduation
- For which examination you like to be considered
- Photo Identity Card
- Your percentage at the Graduation level
- Number of Attempts Already Made in Civil Services
- Specific Details for Civil Services (Main) Examination(NO CHANGES ALLOWED in Specific Details for UPSC Mains)
- Centre for CSM Examination
- Language Medium for Examination for Paper I to Paper V
- Optional Subject for Paper VI & VII
- Language Medium of Optional Subject for Paper VI & VII
- Do you hail from Arunachal Pradesh/ Manipur/ Meghalaya/ Mizoram/ Nagaland/ Sikkim and are claiming exemption from appearing in INDIAN LANGUAGE FOR PAPER A?
- Language for Paper A
- After filling all the above details (the ones marked with an asterisk (*) have to be filled in mandatorily), you will be shown all the information to verify. After clicking on the “I Agree” button, your registration id for UPSC Prelims will be generated.
- Login to Part II registration by entering your date of birth and registration id.
- In Part II, candidates have to:
- Make the payment
- Select centre for UPSC Prelims
- Upload photo, signature and identity card copies
- On successfully submitting the online application form, an auto-generated email will be sent to your registered email id and an SMS will be sent to the given mobile number. If the candidates do not receive the email/SMS then it is recommended to check whether they have submitted the Registration (Part I and Part II) successfully.
UPSC Online Application Form for Civil Services (IAS) Exam
If you are writing the civil services exam for the first time and have no clue about how to fill the UPSC Online Application then here are some instructions on how to fill the IAS Online Application Form for Civil Services Exam.
- Either directly go to this official website (upsconline.nic.in) or the official website of UPSC (www.upsc.gov.in) and click on “Apply Online” or “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC”.
- Once you click on any of the ‘Apply Online’ link it will take you to a page which is as given in the below image.
- Click on the ‘Online Application for Various Examinations’, it will take you to a new page as shown in the below image.
- Click on the ‘Part–I Registration and before filling the form go through the important instructions to fill UPSC Online Application Form completely. Below given are some important guidelines to follow while filling the online application form.
The candidates applying for the UPSC Prelims 2019 will have to pay Rs. 100/ as application fee while candidates who belong to SC/ST/PH/Female categories are exempted from the application fee. Candidates can pay the application fee through online or offline mode.
Offline Mode: Candidates can pay the application fee in cash at any State Bank of India Branch. While paying the application fee via offline mode, candidates should take the print out of the system generated challan of the Part I registration.
Online Mode: Candidates who are paying the application fee via online mode can pay through the net banking of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Important guidelines regarding Part–I & Part-II registration of the UPSC Online Application Form
- Online submission of application can only be done at website https://upsconline.nic.in.
- Fields marked with an asterisk (*) in the UPSC CSE Online Application Form need to be filled mandatorily
- Once the candidate clicks the submit button and his/her application is submitted successfully then no changes are allowed.
- If candidates wish to make any changes, they can submit a fresh application with the updated information by the last date for receipt of application i.e. by 6 PM on March 18, 2019. Only the registration-id for latest fully submitted application will be considered for processing and all earlier submitted applications will be cancelled.
- The UPSC CSE Online Application Form comprises two parts i.e. Part-I Registration and Part-II Registration. Both parts have to be filled and submitted and only then the candidature will be valid
- In Part-I Registration, candidates have to fill their personal details, educational qualifications and address.
- In Part-II Registration, candidates have to provide payment details, select the examination centre, upload Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Candidates have to upload scanned copy of their photograph and their signature. The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Candidates should provide their valid email address as the commission may be communicating with the candidates through e-mails if required.
- Candidates should note that no change will be allowed in the Specific Details like the Center of Examination, Optional Subjects, Medium of Examination, Compulsory Indian Language for Civil Services (Main) Examination once submitted.
- Candidates should also upload photo identity card document in PDF format only. The digital size of the PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB.
- Candidates have to provide the photo identity card number and upload a copy of the same in Online Application Form and remember to carry it at the time of Examination at the venue.
Note: UPSC recommends that candidates fill the form in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 9 and above.