IAS aspirants would be aware by now that the UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019 is scheduled to be held on June 2, 2019, and the UPSC also has mentioned in their annual exam calendar which was released last year (2018) that the online application form for Civil Services Exam would be made available on February 19, 2019.
Candidates who are planning to appear for the Civil Services Exam 2019-20 will have to fill the UPSC online application by logging onto the official website.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts various examinations to recruit candidates for posts in the government of India and civil services exam is one of the exams held by the UPSC every year. Every year, lakhs of candidates apply for the examination and the commission accepts candidatures only through online mode and no more paper applications are available.
Important dates of UPSC 2019-20
|The official notification released on||February 19, 2019|
|Last date for submitting the application form||March 18, 2019|
|The Civil Services Exam 2019(Pre)||June 2, 2019|
|Start date of the Mains||September 20, 2019|
The candidates applying for the UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019 will have to pay Rs. 100/ as application fee while candidates who belong to SC/ST/PH/Female categories are exempted from the application fee. Candidates can pay the application fee through online or offline mode.
UPSC Online Application Form for Civil Services (IAS) Exam
If you are writing the civil services exam for the first time and have no clue about how to fill the UPSC Online Application then here are some instructions on how to fill the IAS Online Application Form for Civil Services Exam.
- Either directly go to this official website (upsconline.nic.in) or the official website of UPSC (www.upsc.gov.in) and click on Apply Online or Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC which is highlighted in the below-given image.
- Once you click on any of the ‘Apply Online‘ link it will take you to a page which is as given in the below image.
- Click on the ‘Online Application for Various Examinations‘, it will take you to a new page as shown in the below image.
- Once the Civil Services Exam (IAS) Online Application is made available on the official website of UPSC, you can see the Part-I Registration and Part-II Registration
- Click on the ‘Part–I Registration and before filling the form go through the important instructions to fill UPSC Online Application Form completely. Below given are some important guidelines to follow while filling the online application form.
The procedure of offline and online mode application fee payment:
Offline Mode: Candidates can pay the application fee in cash at any State Bank of India Branch. While paying the application fee via offline mode, candidates should take the print out of the system generated challan of the Part I registration.
Online Mode: Candidates who are paying the application fee via online mode can pay through the net banking of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Important guidelines regarding Part–I & Part-II registration of the UPSC Online Application Form:
- Fields marked with an asterisk (*) in the UPSC CSE Online Application Form need to be filled mandatorily
- Once the candidate clicks the submit button and his/her application is submitted successfully then no changes are allowed
- The UPSC CSE Online Application Form comprises two parts i.e. Part-I Registration and Part-II Registration. Both parts have to be filled and submitted and only then the candidature will be valid
- In Part-I Registration, candidates have to fill the basic information and before submission, candidates should check the details filled in the application and make corrections if any (as once the form is submitted no changes are allowed)
- Candidates should upload their scanned photograph in JPG format and the size of the file must be less than 40kb and more than 3 kb; the resolution should be 140-pixel height x 110-pixel width, while the Bit Depth should be 24 bit.
- Candidates should also upload their scanned signature in JPG format. And the size of the file must be less than 40kb and more than 1 kb; the resolution should be 110-pixel height x 140-pixel width, and the Bit Depth of the file should be 24 bit.
- Candidates should provide their valid email address as the commission may be communicating with the candidates through e-mails if required.
- On successfully submitting the online application form, an auto-generated email will be sent to your registered email id and an SMS will be sent to the given mobile number. If the candidates do not receive the email/SMS then it is recommended to check whether they have submitted the Registration successfully.
Note: UPSC recommends that candidates fill the form in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 9 and above.
For detailed information on the UPSC notification 2019 including IAS eligibility conditions, UPSC syllabus etc. click here.
|IAS Exam||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC 2019|
|UPSC Books||Daily News Analysis|
|UPSC Previous Year Question Papers||IAS Current Affairs|
|UPSC Prelims||Daily Video Analysis: The Hindu|