UPSC Online Application 2021 – The UPSC Online Portal 2021 has closed on 24th March. The next UPSC Online Process will start in 2022.
The online application form was released on 4th March 2021 with the UPSC Notification 2021. The ‘apply online’ portal for registration was closed on March 24, 2021.
The Civil Service Exam, conducted by the UPSC, recruits personnel into the prestigious civil services of India. Candidates who clear this exam can join the services as IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS officers, etc. The three-stage exam is conducted annually and begins with the UPSC Prelims.
The IAS Prelims is scheduled to be held on 10th October 2021. The IAS Mains are expected to take place in January 2022. If you wish to take the IAS exam, you must apply for the same online only through the official UPSC website. You will also have to pay the fees (unless you are exempted). On this page, you can get all the important details such as how to apply for the IAS prelims exam, guidelines to fill in the form, pay the fees, UPSC exam important dates, and other relevant information.
Before you start, you must check whether you are eligible to take the UPSC IAS exam or not. If you are a graduate and between the ages of 21 and 32, you can take the exam provided you satisfy a few other criteria as well. And, there are relaxations for candidates who are eligible for reservations. For more on UPSC eligibility criteria, click on the linked article. For all other details such as the IAS syllabus, preparation material, UPSC booklist, please check the table below.
UPSC Apply Online
The UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 will be conducted on the following dates:
- Stage 1: UPSC Prelims – Sunday, October 10, 2021
- Stage 2: UPSC Mains – September 17 onwards [Postponed] | Tentative – January 2022
- Stage 3: Interview – (tentative) March/April 2022
The official UPSC Notification has been released by the Commission on 4th March 2021. The last date for submission of the online application form is 24th March 2021.
|UPSC Notification 2021||March 4, 2021|
|Last date for receipt of online forms||March 24, 2021|
|UPSC Prelims 2021||October 10, 2021|
Applying Online for the IAS exam 2021
The steps to follow while applying online for the UPSC civil services exam 2021 are described below.
- Go to the official website of the UPSC, www.upsc.gov.in and click on ‘Apply Online’ which comes on the homepage. After that, you will be directed to a page, wherein there will be a link ‘Online Application For Various Examinations’. Click on this link.
- Alternatively, you can directly go to upsconline.nic.in.
- This will take you to a new page, where you should click on ‘Part-I Registration’.
- Before filling the form, go through the important instructions to fill the UPSC Online Application Form completely.
For more information about UPSC 2021, aspirants can visit the linked article.
Below given are some important guidelines to follow while filling the UPSC online application form 2021:
- The online forms should be submitted only on the UPSC’s official website.
- Fields marked with an asterisk (*) in the UPSC CSE Online Application Form need to be filled mandatorily.
- Once the candidate clicks the submit button and his/her application is submitted successfully, no changes are allowed thereafter.
- If candidates wish to make any changes, they can submit a fresh application with the updated information by the last date for receipt of application. Only the registration-id for the latest fully submitted application will be considered for processing and all earlier submitted applications will be cancelled.
- The UPSC CSE Online Application Form comprises two parts i.e. Part-I Registration and Part-II Registration. Both parts have to be filled and submitted and only then the candidature will be valid.
- In Part-I Registration, candidates have to fill in their personal details, educational qualifications and address. To know more about EWS certificate criteria for IAS Exam, check the linked article.
- In Part-II Registration, candidates have to provide payment details, select the examination centre, upload Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of their photograph and their signature. The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum, 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit. Check this link for more on photograph and signature images to be uploaded.
- Candidates should provide their valid email addresses as the commission may be communicating with the candidates through e-mails if required.
- Candidates should note that no change will be allowed in the Specific Details like the Centre of Examination, Optional Subjects, Medium of Examination, Compulsory Indian Language for Civil Services (Main) Examination once submitted.
- Candidates should also upload photo identity card document in PDF format only. The digital size of the PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB.
- Candidates have to provide the photo identity card number and upload a copy of the same in the Online Application Form and remember to carry it at the time of Examination at the venue.
Candidates applying for the UPSC 2021 will have to pay Rs. 100/ as application fee while candidates who belong to SC/ST/PH categories and female candidates are exempted from paying the application fee. Candidates can pay the application fee through online or offline mode.
Offline Mode: Candidates can pay the application fee in cash at any State Bank of India branch. While paying the application fee via offline mode, candidates should take a print out of the system generated challan during the Part II registration process, and deposit the challan (pay-in-slip) at an SBI branch on the next working day only.
“Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated one day before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at an SBI branch during banking hours on the closing date.
Online Mode: Candidates who are paying the application fee via online mode can pay through net banking of State Bank of India or by Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card.
Note 1: UPSC recommends that candidates fill the form in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 9 and above.
Note 2: The UPSC Online Application Portal for 2021 recruitment is closed on 24th March.
Given below are a few other preparation links for the reference of candidates:
|IAS Prelims Topic-wise Question Papers [2013-2020]||UPSC Notes PDF – IAS Prelims & Mains|
|Topic-Wise GS 1 Questions in UPSC Mains||Topic-Wise GS 2 Questions for UPSC Mains|
|Topic-Wise GS 3 Questions for UPSC Mains||Topic-Wise GS 4 Questions for UPSC Mains|