The Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC) released the notification in March 2022 which specified the age limit required for which candidates will become eligible for the Probationary Officer post.
The details of the Age limit for ECGC PO will be specified in this article.
The Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC) of India is a government owned company under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. It provides export credit insurance support to Indian exporters.
|Candidates preparing for the Government exams can find the following links useful|
Age Limit for ECGC PO 2022
The age limit for ECGC PO is as follows:
Age (as on 21.03.2022) Minimum: 21 years, Maximum – 30 years
i.e., A candidate must have been born not earlier than 22.03.1992 and not later than 21.03.2001 (both the dates inclusive)
The ECGC has permitted certain age limit relaxation for candidates belonging to different categories. The relaxation are as follow:
|ECGC PO Upper Age Limit Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as defined
under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act,
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within six months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
Note: The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates and Economically Weaker (EWS) Category Candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ along with photocopies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by ECGC Ltd.
- If an ex-serviceman applies for various vacancies before joining any civil employment, he/she can avail of the benefit of reservation as ex- serviceman for any subsequent employment.
- However, to avail of this benefit, an ex-serviceman as soon as he/she joins any civil employment, should give self-declaration/ undertaking to the concerned employer about date-wise details of application for various vacancies for which he/she had applied for before joining the initial civil employment.
- Further, this benefit would be available only in respect of vacancies which are filled on direct recruitment and wherever reservation is applicable to the ex-serviceman.
ECGC PO Eligibility Nationality
Nationality / Citizenship: A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the
intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka,
East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly
Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with intention
of permanently settling in India provided that a candidate belong to categories (ii), (iii),
(iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been
issued by the Government of India.
Educational Qualification for ECGC PO
A Degree of Graduation in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate establishing that he/ she is a graduate and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
Note: (1) All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 20.04.2022.
Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 20.04.2022 has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute.
In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and web-based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
The candidates who possess any kind of Physical disability should follow and go through the guidelines made for them by the examination authority. The major ECGC PO Eligibility Criteria 2022 for the physically disabled are as follows:
- Only those persons with benchmark disabilities would be eligible for reservation.
- The candidates who possess disability more than 40% in locomotor disability and cerebral palsy/Visually Impaired candidates/Intellectual Disability shall be permitted to avail scribe. Also, these candidates will be given extra compensatory time of 20 minutes.
- The person who will act as a scribe may be from any academic stream.
- The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for this online examination.
- The candidate himself has to bear the cost of the scribe.
- The Scribe has to fill the self-declaration form as released by the company and duly submit it on the exam day.
Frequently Asked Question about ECGC PO Eligibility
Is a final year student eligible for ECGC PO?
Does ECGC recruit every year?
Candidates can refer to the following links for more information on other insurance exams
|LIC Exams||LIC ADO|
|LIC HFL Recruitment||NIACL Exam|
|NIACL Assistant||NIACL AO|
|IRDA exam||NICL Notification|