LIC Assistants perform various duties of clerical staff including cashier, customer service executive, single window operator etc. in branch offices of the Life Insurance Corporation. LIC Assistant exam was last conducted in October and December 2019. Notification for the upcoming LIC Assistant exam is awaited. All information pertaining to the LIC Assistant 2022 exam will be updated here as soon as it is available on the official website of LIC.
If you are preparing for various examinations conducted by the LIC, refer to the links given in the table below
|LIC HFL Syllabus||LIC ADO Syllabus|
|LIC AAO eligibility||LIC AAO Preparation|
|LIC AAO Syllabus||LIC syllabus|
Important Exam Dates for LIC Assistant 2022
LIC Assistant 2022 exam notification is yet to be released. Information related to important dates pertaining to LIC Assistant 2022 will be updated here. To get an idea of the LIC Assistant exam process, go through the important exam dates related to the LIC Assistant 2019 exam given in the table below.
LIC Assistant 2019 Important Exam Dates
|1||Commencement of online registration of application||September 17, 2019|
|2||Closure of registration of application||October 1, 2019|
|3||Payment of online application fee||October 1, 2019|
|4||Download of Call Letter for Online Preliminary Examination||October 15, 2019
to October 22, 2019
|5||LIC Assistant 2019 Prelims Exam Date||Earlier October 21 and 22, 2019
Postponed to October 30 and 31
|6||LIC Assistant 2019 Main exam admit card release date||December 4, 2019|
|7||LIC Assistant 2019 Main Exam Date||December 22, 2019|
LIC Assistant 2022 Important Exam Dates
|1||LIC Assistant 2022 Notification Release Date||Yet to be notified|
|2||LIC Assistant 2022 Apply Online Start Date||Yet to be notified|
|3||Last Date to Apply for LIC Assistant 2022||Yet to be notified|
|4||LIC Assistant 2022 Admit Card Release Date||Yet to be notified|
|5||LIC Assistant 2022 Prelims Exam Date||Yet to be notified|
|6||LIC Assistant 2022 Main Exam Date||Yet to be notified|
|7||LIC Assistant 2022 Result Date||Yet to be notified|
LIC Assistant Vacancies
LIC notified vacancies for Assistant posts division-wise. States/ UTs are placed under eight Zones/divisions of LIC. The names of various divisions for which LIC Assistant vacancies are released are given below:
- Northern Zone (Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan)
- North Central Zone (Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand)
- East Central Zone (Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha)
- Eastern Zone (West Bengal, North East states)
- Central Zone (Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh)
- South Central Zone (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka)
- Southern Zone (Tamil Nadu, Kerala)
- Western Zone (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa)
Candidates should visit the official website of LIC and download the division/zone-wise notification.
LIC Assistant Salary
The details of LIC Assistant salary are given below:
- The basic pay of a LIC Assistant (Clerk) is Rs. 14435/- per month in the scale of Rs. 14435-840(1)-15275-915(2)-17105-1030(5)-22255-1195(2)-24645-1455(3)-29010-1510(2)-32030-1610(5)-40080 and other admissible allowances as per rules.
- The LIC Assistant also gets other benefits such as House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance, Travel Allowance and Dearness Allowance, Cash Medical benefit, Group insurance etc. The total emoluments of a LIC Assistant comes to approximately Rs 30,000 per month in ‘A’ class city.
LIC Assistant Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can refer to the following tables to get information about the eligibility criteria for LIC Assistant post like educational qualification, age limit and age relaxation for various categories.
Educational Qualification and Age Limit for LIC Assistant Post
|Age||Minimum Age shall be 18 years (completed) as on 01.09.2019. Maximum age shall not be more than 30 years (candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1989 and not later than 01.09.2001 both days inclusive only are eligible )|
|Educational Qualification||“Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 pattern) in any discipline from a recognized Indian University/Institution”. For Ex-Servicemen:
(i) HSC (10+2+3 pattern): who have put in at least 10 years service
(ii) Matric: who have put in at least 15 years service
(iii) Non-Matric: 15 years service+ Indian Army special certificate exam or corresponding examination in Air Force and Navy
Age Relaxation for LIC Assistant Post
|Age Relaxation||Relaxations in upper age limit for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/Other Backward Community(OBC)/ Ex-Servicemen/Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) /Confirmed LIC employees shall be as under :|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|PWD (General/EWS)||10 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years subject to the maximum age limit of 45 years. (In case of Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST/OBC, maximum age limit of 50 years for SC/ST and 48 years for OBC)|
|Confirmed LIC Employees||Further relaxation of 5 years|
How to apply for the LIC Assistant Exam
Candidates who want to apply for the upcoming LIC Assistant exam can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of the LIC i.e. licindia.in.
- Scroll down to the end of the homepage and click on the ‘Careers’ tab.
- Search for ‘Recruitment of Assistants” and click on the link.
- A new page will appear. Read the instructions given on the page and click on ‘Next Page’. Candidates should read the instructions carefully and apply for the exam. Before starting the application process, candidates should go to the link of the LIC Division of their choice and read details about the vacancies, other conditions and requirements carefully. They should select the LIC Zone based upon the State/ UT under which they wish to apply. States/ UTs are placed under eight Zones of LIC.
- Select ‘Click here to Apply Online’ link.
- A new page will open. Select ‘Click here for new registration’ and enter your name, contact details and email-id. A provisional registration number and password will be generated, which candidates should note down. An email & SMS comprising the provisional registration number and password will also be sent.
- Login using the provisional registration number and password, fill in the basic details and click on ‘Save and Next’.
- Validate your details and save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Upload the scanned photograph, signature, left thumb impression and a hand written declaration as per the specifications given in the official notification.
- Fill in other details in the online application form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- After verifying all the information, click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’.
- Click on the ‘Payment’ Tab and pay the application fee along with other charges.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Exam Fee for LIC Assistant
Candidates who want to apply for the LIC Assistant posts have to apply online only. Exam fees for various categories (SC/ST/ PwBD) are given below.
Exam Fees for LIC Assistant Recruitment
|UR/OBC||Rs. 510 + GST + Transaction Charges|
|ST/SC/PWD||Rs. 85 + GST + Transaction Charges|
Application fee can be paid by using:
- Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro)
- Credit Cards
- Internet Banking
- Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated. If an e-receipt is not generated, the online transaction may not have been successful. Therefore, candidates should login again using their provisional registration number and password and repeat the process of payment. Candidates should take a printout of the e-receipt after paying the application fee.
LIC Assistant Exam Pattern
The LIC Assistant exam is conducted in 2 phases, which is followed by a pre-recruitment medical examination. More information on the 2 phases of the LIC Assistant examination is given below:
Phase 1: Preliminary examination
The preliminary exam is of objective type and comprises multiple-choice questions. The test contains three sections (with separate timings for each section).The total duration for the LIC Assistant preliminary examination is 1 hour.
LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
|Sections||Name of Test(s)||No. of Questions||Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language/Hindi Language||30||30||11||12||20 mins|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||13||14||20 mins|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||13||14||20 mins|
Points to Remember:
- English/Hindi Language test will be of qualifying nature and marks in the Language section will not be counted for ranking.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for main examination on the basis of marks obtained by them in Section 2 and 3 (given above) provided they obtain minimum qualifying marks in Section 1 i.e. English/Hindi Language.
Phase 2: Main Examination
The main examination is of objective type containing multiple-choice questions of 200 marks. The objective test is conducted online and has separate timing for every section. The duration of the examination, minimum qualifying marks for various categories, number of sections etc are given in the tables below. The pattern of Main examination is slightly different for North/North Central/Central/Western region and Eastern/South Central/Southern zones. The exam pattern for these regions are given below.
LIC Assistant Main Exam Pattern 2019 (North/North Central/Central/Western)
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Time (min)||Minimum Qualification
|4||Reasoning Ability and Computer Ability||40||30||14||16|
LIC Assistant Main Exam Pattern 2019 (Eastern/South Central/Southern)
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Time (min)||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|4||Reasoning Ability and Computer Ability||60||40||22||24|
Points to Remember
- Candidates have to qualify in each section.
- There is negative marking and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The preliminary exam is of qualifying nature, therefore, marks obtained in the preliminary examination are not included to calculate the final scores of candidates. Final selection of candidates is based on the marks obtained by them in the Main examination.
- Candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks in each section and clear the overall cut-off also to pass the examination.
Candidates preparing for other insurance exams can refer to the links given below.
|Other Related Links|
|NICL Exam||NICL Syllabus|
|NIACL Exam||NIACL Syllabus|
|NIACL AO Recruitment||NIACL Assistant Recruitment|