The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) is responsible for conducting the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET). Established in 1994, it is responsible for the determining the eligibility of students for professional courses in the state.
The online application for KCET 2018 was launched on their official website on the 1st of February. The last date for candidates who wish to appear for the exam is the 26th of February whereas the fees can be paid till the 28th of February.
Let us have a look at the steps you must take to fill and send your application form to the KEA.
Note: Interested candidates must make sure they satisfy the eligibility criteria before they apply so as their application does not become void.
Details to be kept handy while starting to fill the application form
- Mobile number & Email id
- The candidates scanned photograph
- A digital copy of the candidates signature
- A digital copy of the candidates left thumb impression
- A digital copy of the parents left thumb impression or signature
Listed below are the main steps you need to go through to fill your application form for KCET
- Application Form
- Uploading Signature & Photograph
- Payment of Exam Fee
- Final submission of application form
To fill your KCET 2018 application form, click here – https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/ugapplication2018/Home.aspx.
- Once you are the application form home page, click on “New user? Click here for registration – New User? Click Here to Register ”
- Read the information provided carefully and “Proceed to Apply Online”.
- Next one would be to select your nationality and the board of your high school education.
- Give your 13 digit PUE student number and submit.
Now the student will have to fill in some personal details about themselves like details of parents, gender, birth date and mobile number of the candidate. Also, the candidate will be required to decide a password and security backup questions for the candidate’s profile on the website.
On completion of registration details, candidates will be given their user ID and application number which will be sent to their registered email and mobile number.
Login & Filling the Application Form
Now candidates are required to log in to their profile using their application number and password they had decided. Upon login, candidates will be required to fill the student information page.
The list of details which need to be filled include:
- Annual Income of the Family (in Rs.)
- Mother Tongue
- Caste Name
- Reservation Category
- Selection of Exam Centre of KCET 2018
- Caste List of SC/ST/OBC Category (if applicable)
- Caste/Category/Income Certificate Number (if applicable)
- Selection of Eligibility Clause Code
After filling the above details, candidates are required to fill information about the qualifying exam wherein they will be eligible for the write the KCET.
- Qualifying Examination
- Name of School (if Karnataka CBSE/CISCE)
- University/Board Name
- PUC Student Number (if applicable)
- Year of Passing (if applicable)
- Eligibility to Claim Reservation or not.
- Whether appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2018 (Science)?
- Whether studied in Rural Area of Karnataka from 1st to 10th standard?
- Total Number of Years Completed of Study in Karnataka (From 1st to 12th standard)
- Whether studied from 1st to 10th standard in Kannada Medium?
After filling the above fields, the candidate will be required to fill certain contact details as stated below:
- Address, Name of District, State, Taluk, Pin Code
- Phone Number
- Native State
- Native District (if Karnataka)
- Whether the applicant is Son/Daughter of Jammu & Kashmir migrant? Whether claiming for reservation?
- Whether the candidate finished class 10th in the state of Karnataka?
- The state where the candidate attended class 12th examination.
- If in Karnataka, the district in which the candidate appeared for his class 12 examination?
Also, the candidate must fill information about previous KCET examinations.
- If the candidate has appeared for the previous KCET exam.
- If so, KCET register number & the year in which the candidate appeared
- If the candidate got a seat through KCET & taken admission into the college
Uploading the signature and photograph
Once the applicant has filled all the right information on the website, the website directs to the next stage wherein applicants are required to upload digital copies of their thumb impression, signature, and photograph. The thumb impression or signature of the applicant’s parents are also required. But there are certain conditions which need to be satisfied for it to be accepted by the website.
- The photograph must be in color tone with a white background.
- The thumb impression is required in black blue ink.
- The signature needs to be black blue ink.
- The thumb impression must be clear and distinct and not smudged.
- The signature must not carry any capital letters.
- The image must be in jpg or jpeg format.
- The size of image file must be between in the range 5 – 40 kb
After successfully updating the digital copies of signature, photograph and thumb impressions, applicants must now pay the exam fees offline through DD or E-challan.
Candidates outside of Karnataka
Final submission of application form
Carefully verify all the information and cross check it. Once this has been done and the exam fees paid, the applicant needs to submit the form and get a printout taken. This printout needs to be attested by the principal of their institution or by a gazetted officer.
Once the application has been processed and forward, applicants will be able to download the KCET admit card. For more information, register with BYJU’S and download our app.