The KCET application form is usually released on the Karnataka Examination Authority’s (KEA) official website. The forms are usually distributed in the month of February while the submission dates are kept mostly between March. With the forms available, candidates are also required to pay some amount of application fee in order to access the forms. The procedure of downloading and filling the KCET application form is usually done in an online mode. The process mainly includes steps like registration, filling of personal as well as academic details, uploading documents, etc.
However, before filling the KCET application form, candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria and check whether they are eligible or not. They can go through the KCET 2019 eligibility criteria by clicking on the given link. Apart from this if any candidate makes any error while filling the application form, they can rectify the errors during the correction window opened by KEA.
We will learn more about KCET 2019 application form, it’s filling process, important dates and other related information below.
2019 KCET Application Form Details
|Application Form Release Date||1 February 2019|
|Last Date For Submission||20 March 2019|
|Last Date For Payment Of Application Fee||21 March 2019|
|Correction Dates||March 21 to April 1, 2019|
Things to remember before filling the application form:
- Mobile number and email id.
- The candidates scanned copy of a photograph and documents.
- A digital copy of the candidates signature.
- A digital copy of the candidates left thumb impression.
- A digital copy of the parents left thumb impression or signature.
How to Apply For KCET Online – General Method
Below candidates will find the general steps involved in accessing and filling out the application form.
- Go to the official Site kea.kar.nic.in
- Click on the KCET 2019 registration link that is provided.
- Download and open the information bulletin and carefully read all the instructions that are given.
- Make sure to keep the scanned copies of the documents ready.
- Open the application form online.
- Fill the form with care and make sure to input only correct details.
- Upload the required documents and other materials.
- Submit the form and don’t forget to download e-challan.
- Make the payment.
- Take a printout of the application form as well.
Steps Involved In The Application Process – Detailed Explanation
Listed below are the main steps that candidates need to go through to fill their application form for KCET. A detailed explanation is provided below.
- Once you are the application form home page, click on “New user? Click here for registration – New User? Click Here to Register ”
- Read the information provided carefully and “Proceed to Apply Online”.
- Next one would be to select your nationality and the board of your high school education.
- Give your 13 digit PUE student number and submit.
Now the student will have to fill in some personal details about themselves like details of parents, gender, birth date and mobile number of the candidate. Also, the candidate will be required to decide a password and security backup questions for the candidate’s profile on the website.
On completion of registration details, candidates will be given their user ID and application number which will be sent to their registered email and mobile number.
Login And Filling The Application Form
Now candidates are required to log in to their profile using their application number and password they had decided. Upon login, candidates will be required to fill the student information page.
The list of details which need to be filled include:
- Annual Income of the Family (in Rs.)
- Mother Tongue
- Caste Name
- Reservation Category
- Selection Of Exam Centre
- Caste List Of SC/ST/OBC Category (if applicable)
- Caste/Category/Income Certificate Number (if applicable)
- Selection of Eligibility Clause Code
After filling the above details, candidates are required to fill out information about the qualifying exam wherein they will be eligible for the write the KCET.
- Qualifying Examination
- Name of School (if Karnataka CBSE/CISCE)
- University/Board Name
- PUC Student Number (if applicable)
- Year of Passing (if applicable)
- Eligibility to Claim Reservation or not.
- Whether appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2018 (Science)?
- Whether studying in Rural Area of Karnataka from 1st to 10th standard?
- Total Number of Years Completed of Study in Karnataka (From 1st to 12th standard)
- Whether the candidate studied from 1st to 10th standard in Kannada Medium?
In the next step, the candidates will be required to fill certain contact details as stated below:
- Address, Name of District, State, Taluk, Pin Code
- Phone Number
- Native State
- Native District (if Karnataka)
- Whether the applicant is Son/Daughter of Jammu & Kashmir migrant? Whether claiming for reservation?
- Whether the candidate finished class 10th in the state of Karnataka?
- The state where the candidate attended the class 12th examination.
- If in Karnataka, the district in which the candidate appeared for his class 12 examination?
Also, the candidate must fill information about previous KCET examinations.
- If the candidate has appeared for the previous KCET exam.
- If so, KCET register number and the year in which the candidate appeared.
- If the candidate got a seat through KCET and taken admission into the college.
Uploading The Signature And Photograph
Once the applicant has filled all the right information on the website, the website directs to the next stage wherein applicants are required to upload digital copies of their thumb impression, signature, and photograph. The thumb impression or signature of the applicant’s parents are also required. But there are certain conditions which need to be satisfied for it to be accepted by the website.
- The photograph must be in colour tone with a white background.
- The thumb impression is required in black blue ink.
- The signature needs to be black blue ink.
- The thumb impression must be clear and distinct and not smudged.
- The signature must not carry any capital letters.
- The image must be in jpg or jpeg format.
- The size of the image file must be between 5 – 40 kb and dimension should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
After successfully updating the digital copies of signature, photograph and thumb impressions, applicants must now pay the exam fees offline through DD or E-challan.
|Category||Fee Amount||Post charges||Bank charges|
|Gen/ OBC (Karnataka Origin)||Rs. 650||Rs. 12||Rs. 10|
|SC/ ST (Karnataka Origin)||Rs. 500||Rs. 12||Rs. 10|
|Candidates outside of Karnataka||Rs. 750||Rs. 12||Rs. 10|
Final Submission of Application Form
Carefully verify all the information and cross check it. Once this has been done and the exam fees paid, the applicant needs to submit the form and also take a printout. This printout needs to be attested by the principal of the candidates’ institution or by a gazetted officer.
Once the application has been processed and forwarded, applicants will be able to download the KCET admit card which will be released later.
To know more about KCET including admissions, cut-offs, exam dates and other details keep visiting BYJU’S.