A role model is a person who inspires others with their actions. Every person has a role model in their life. It can be a family member or an outside person. People choose the role model and try to imbibe their characters into them. The role model essay provides detailed information to children on whom to call a role model and how they inspire others with their actions.
Characteristics of a Role Model
A person who is called as a role model consists of the following characteristics:
- He should possess a positive attitude and drive others to be positive in their life.
- A role model should always be supportive to others and provide suggestions when required.
- He should give the assurance that he is always there for others in need.
- He should build confidence in others to face any situation and be bold enough to speak about it.
- Good communication is the key factor for a role model as words change a person more than actions.
- On the other hand, actions do matter more than words, as people visualise these actions when they get the chance to do the same.
My Role Model
Every person has a role model in their life to whom they always relate in their life. My role model since childhood is my mother. I believe that mother is the epitome of selflessness, endless love and care, strong-minded yet emotionally soft. My mother is a working woman, and I am proud that she manages everything with ease. I come from an orthodox family where customs are given top priority. My mother always balanced the household customs and worked at the same time.
I believe that my mother is a strong person as she single-handedly looked after the family when my father was away from us due to work transfers. She taught my sister and me to be bold enough to speak about our rights and be truthful no matter who is in front of us. I feel surprised, even being so busy with all her work, that she makes time to spend time with her parents and meet their needs.
She inspires me daily with the energy she carries till date in fulfilling every task and being a top performer at her workplace. The main reason for me to be strong and achieve success in every task I take up is because I visualise how my mother would finish it if she was given the same. She always supports me directly or indirectly, either with her actions or words. At times when I am low, I give a call to her and speak with her, which gives me the energy to move ahead with my work.
A role model can be a family member, a teacher, a sportsman, a celebrity etc. The key point here is that a role model always inspires others towards success and encourages them to work hard to achieve it. Every person should have a role model as it motivates them to be good and become like them. Children should inspire good qualities and become good role models in future.
Frequently Asked Questions on My Role Model Essay
What questions can we ask a role model?
The questions which we can ask a role model are:
- What challenges has the person faced?
- What is the best and worst piece of advice he has been given by others?
- What has been the most exciting project or role?
Why is it important to have a good role model?
Positive role models influence our actions and motivate us to work hard to uncover our true potentials and overcome our weaknesses. Role models are a must for self-improvement.
How do role models affect our youth?
Role models can motivate youth by developing career aspirations, educational goals, and consumer behaviour. They can also explain to youth about unhealthy behaviours, like bullying, cheating in school, substance abuse etc.