BYJUites put all their heart into fitness this World Heart Day
Your heart powers your whole body. BYJU’S kicked off World Heart Day by conducting a full-body health check-up across offices. Clad in red at the workplace to mark the day, BYJUites vowed to adopt an active lifestyle and turned up in huge numbers to get themselves checked.
An energetic Zumba session and a fun cycling workshop were also planned at the HQ to highlight the importance of adding a little workout to our daily schedule. The energy was filled with fitness vibes with these workshops planned in the midst of a hectic week.
Catch a fact: Cardiovascular diseases (CVD), including heart attack and stroke, have increased by over 50% from 1990 to 2016 in India owing to the sedentary lifestyle that we are leading today. How about giving the chips a break and grabbing a bite out of an apple instead? Or meditating to cope with stress? One can always start with little steps to give their heart a chance to be healthier.
Here are some small changes you can bring to your daily routine to add a dose of ‘healthy’ to your lifestyle:
- No matter how gastronomic those burgers and pizzas look, DO NOT fall into their trap. Eat right!
- Maintaining your body’s fitness does not necessarily mean hitting the gym. Just a brisk walk or cycling can also do the job. Physical exercise is the key!
- Did you know that gum disease is linked to heart disease? So, you need to maintain dental hygiene.
- Who said Netflixing too much is chill? Get your sleep cycle right!
- Put on that favorite song and dance your way to a healthy heart
- Chuck the lifts, and say yes to stairs.
It’s never too early or too late to start making health a priority. Here’s to making more #healthyheart choices!
Harshita looks for stories in almost everything. A hopeless dreamer and a movie buff, she is known for laughing at her own jokes and being proud of it. She has a thing for sarcasm, wit and everything savage. A supporter of the underprivileged, she will totally judge you for being rude to the waiter in a restaurant. Loves conspiracy theories and myths and prefers dogs over humans. She is an impulsive writer and hopes to write a book someday.
Recent Facebook posts
No recent Facebook posts to show