One pose closer to a healthier you
On the occasion of International Yoga Day on June 21, millions of people across the world come together to take part in various yoga events. Yoga is known to immensely benefit the mind, body, and spirit.
A glimpse of International Yoga Day celebrations @ BYJU’S
Whether a beginner or a pro, here’s why yoga should be a part of your routine too.
Here’s how you can get started!
Put on your track pants, stretch your limbs, and spread your mat. Take deep breaths and relax. It’s time for yoga!
Adho Mukha Svanasana (pyramid pose)
- Energizes and rejuvenates the mind and body.
- Strengthens the arms, legs, feet, and shoulders.
Badhakonasana (butterfly pose)
- Restores and calms your mind.
- Relieves stress.
- Stretches the hips and inner thighs.
Bhujangasana (snake pose)
- Awakens the body and increases the body heat.
- Increases flexibility.
- Strengthens the spine, shoulders, and arms.
Vrikshasana (unicorn pose)
- Tones the arms and leg muscles.
- Helps improve body balance.
- Increases stamina.
Uttanasana (standing forward bend pose)
- Improves digestion.
- Rejuvenates the mind and relaxes the nerves.
- Strengthens thighs and knees.
Paschimottanasana(seated forward bending pose)
- Stretches the spine, shoulders, and hamstrings.
- Stimulates the liver, kidneys, ovaries, and the uterus.
- Improves digestion.
Sukhasana (lotus pose)
- Calms the mind.
- Helps in improving body posture.
- Smoothens your cerebrum.
These simple and easy yoga postures will help you in multiple ways. Remember, it’s not how many postures you complete, but it’s about getting that one posture right. So make sure you follow proper steps while practicing these yoga poses.
- Cricket fever at BYJU’S: BYJU’S Premier Cricket League
- BYJUites roar for TEAM INDIA : A peek into the London & Manchester trip
- One pose closer to a healthier you
- BYJU’S ‘Bollywood’ified: An energetic flash mob surprise by BYJUites
- How green is your life? Find out from BYJU’S Eco Scorecard : Environment Day at BYJU’S
Recent Facebook posts
What even were the 80’s without Michael Jackson! And what better..
BYJU’S wishes everyone a very Happy Eid!
This Mother’s Day, while social media was flooded with posts,..