Yes, plants also undergo mitosis and meiosis similar to animal cells. Mitosis is required for growth, asexual reproduction and regeneration. Daughter cells produced by mitosis are identical to the parent cell. Meiosis is also known as reduction division, chromosome number is halved in the daughter cells. Meiosis occurs at the time of gamete formation during sexual reproduction in most plants and animals.
- Does Mitosis Occur In Asexual Reproduction?
- What is the typical result of mitosis in humans?
- How Many Mitosis And Meiosis Occur In The Process Of Oogenesis?
- Where Does DNA Replication Occur in Mitosis?
- Does DNA Replication Occur Before Mitosis?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to cell division.