Frequency of recessive allele can be calculated using the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium equation. The frequency of the recessive allele is taken as q and it can be calculated by taking the square root of q2. Here q2 is the frequency of homozygotes for the recessive allele, showing recessive phenotype and can be easily counted in a population.
- Adaptive Radiation
- Organic Evolution
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Evolution
- Molecular Basis Of Inheritance – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Molecular Basis Of Inheritance
- Principles Of Inheritance And Variation – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Principles Of Inheritance And Variation
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to variation and evolution.