We can determine if a gene is assorting independently or not by determining the recombination frequencies. If genes are present on different chromosomes, they assort independently and follow a Mendelian inheritance pattern. The dihybrid test cross result can tell us whether the gene is assorting independently or not. The classic Mendel dihybrid test cross between heterozygous dominant phenotype and recessive phenotype (homozygous) produces four types of phenotype in a ratio 1:1:1:1.
- Polygenic Inheritance
- Chromosome Structure
- Short Notes Of Biology For NEET Aneuploidy
- Chromosomal Disorder In Humans
- Molecular Basis Of Inheritance – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Molecular Basis Of Inheritance
- Principles Of Inheritance And Variation – Important Notes For NEET
- Flashcards Of Biology For NEET Principles Of Inheritance And Variation
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to genes and chromosomes.