Auxins are used in agriculture for various purposes. E.g.
- Auxins are used in plant propagation to stimulate rooting in stem cutting.
- They promote flowering in pineapples.
- They are widely used as weedicides to kill dicotyledonous weeds, without affecting grasses and other mature monocotyledonous plants.
- Auxins induce parthenocarpy.
- They inhibit the premature falling of fruits and leaves.
- They induce xylem differentiation.
- What Is the Name of the Plant Hormone That Causes Fruit to Ripen?
- Which Plant Hormone Was First Isolated From Human Urine?
- What Plant Hormone Is Most Commonly Used In Plant Tissue Culture?
- Which Plant Hormone Helps To Break Seed Dormancy?
- What Is The Precursor Of The Plant Hormone Gibberellin?
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to learn similar questions and important points related to plant growth and development.